Boost By Gear for Centri

RR5.0

Established Member
I have been curious about this for a while but have finally decided to look into it. I currently have a paxton 2200 on my 5.0 with a beefcake "torque booster" wastegate setup. That being said, would it be possible to add a turbosmart eboost 2 to electronically control the wastegate and add a boost by gear option? I feel this could make for better traction on the street where I do most of my driving.

Anyone ever done this?

rotarymagic

Established Member
I think Coffeeman (Black procharged Car from a few years ago) ran an electronic boost controller and wastegate setup to help with traction when launching. Another option is stickier tires.

RR5.0

Established Member
Yea im currently running 275 mickey thompson pro radials on the street and still dont have good luck with traction under 40mph. I have done a little more research and the eboost2 has a feature where you can set boost level by "boost groups." This could function with the wastegate setup I have, just would have to figure out how to tell the eboost2 to switch between the groups while the auto trans is shifting.

mhyjek

Established Member
I have been curious about this for a while but have finally decided to look into it. I currently have a paxton 2200 on my 5.0 with a beefcake "torque booster" wastegate setup. That being said, would it be possible to add a turbosmart eboost 2 to electronically control the wastegate and add a boost by gear option? I feel this could make for better traction on the street where I do most of my driving.

Anyone ever done this?

On the street I had nt05r 305's had decent traction above 70 degrees 2nd above but I wouldn't want to limit the boost at all spend the money on suspension and tires and you will be better off. What I would do is 3/4 throttle in 1st get into 2nd early and let it eat then. My gearing was 65 mph in 1st (t56 2.66 gearset with 4.10 rear). When I was 2nd only time had traction problems was under 70 degrees the hotter the better my car ran I was spraying methanol very limited amount so 1st gear my IAT's didn't drop to fast so with heatsoak waiting at the track I would cut my best 60 foot times because I could floor it and when I hit second it would feel like nitrous IAT would go down and timing would go up it by the end of the run my IAT would go from 140 to 60 in 90 degree heat.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-...h-centrifugal-supercharger-wastegate-install/

Anyone ever done this?

02blackfoci

palm beach dyno posted something on there face book about it the other day...unless my car made over 1000 to the tire I wouldn't consider it lol. they make drag radials that work awesome

RR5.0

Established Member
palm beach dyno posted something on there face book about it the other day...unless my car made over 1000 to the tire I wouldn't consider it lol. they make drag radials that work awesome

I have tried everything from a 305 nitto drag radial to a 295 mickey thompson radial and nothing will hook in 1st gear on the street with a 4C converter. I have no problem at the track, just hooking from a dig on the street. I feel like bringing the power down in first off the line would help it hook on the street, then turn it back up at the track.

500DRAGPAC

Established Member
M&H dragradials are by far the best choice for street, all the others suck on the street if you make any kind of power!

mhyjek

Established Member
I have tried everything from a 305 nitto drag radial to a 295 mickey thompson radial and nothing will hook in 1st gear on the street with a 4C converter. I have no problem at the track, just hooking from a dig on the street. I feel like bringing the power down in first off the line would help it hook on the street, then turn it back up at the track.

Which nitto 555r or nitto nt05r? Flat out punch no heat in tire I don't think either will hook. Whats the rear gear in the car. The nt05r will give you the best chance from my experience.

RR5.0

Established Member
Ive got a 305 nt555r now on my street wheels and with heat or no heat it wont hook. My 275 m/t et pros on my drag wheels wont hook on the street with heat or no heat either. Car has 3.15 gear with full bmr suspension and viking rear shocks. Cuts 1.4x 60' at the track but no street traction

weemon2k2

Established Member
I daily 325 ET street R's on 15x10 wheels. I run a Paxton with a 4c, Viking shocks, whiteline LCA, steeds UCA, BMR drag springs. I don't have much luck hooking from less than 40. I have a torque booster and was thinking about trying your idea of using a boost controller.
I'm due for a new set of tires, I may just go with a slick to see how they hook before I try a EBC. Not sure how long they'll last being daily'd tho

Users who are viewing this thread