Boost change questions

zeusha

Established Member
My cobra is TOTALLY STOCK no even an air filter. Is my daily driver, im looking to change a lil, without unlimited money to burn I was looking at a single turbo kit Vs. a twin screw blower ... anyone with good suggestions? I know that the differences have been beat to death but ... for a daily driver to take to the track here and there does the overall drop in gas milage and lowend beating of the engine well worth the price of admission of the twin screw or will a turbo setup just not be the way out im thinking it is? Any help would be great, thanks. To help out, im only looking to spend under $5k

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
i would just twin screw it, after all, u will need

twin gt pumps
maybe a BAP
injectors
maf
Twinscrew itsself
choice of tb and plenum
and Tune
right there could be up to 5g w/ all new parts

GodStang

Established Member
Depends what you want. Turbos are great but expensive. I like the stop light to stop light of the twin screw but nothing beats the highway pull of a turbo. Lethal Performance has Turbo kits for sale.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
if the car is your DD, why not just slap an upper pulley, exhaust, intake, and tune on and call it a day? this will give you about another 100hp/tq, and you'd still have a few $k left over to play with. ie: FLSFCs, springs, good tires, etc. i can assure you, you'd be amazed at the power difference just from an upper pulley. you'll have a whooole new car on your hands. i was pleasantly suprised/shocked at the difference it made.

however if you are just hell bent on a TS or turbo, or if around 500hp is not enough for you....then i would go TS. the turbo route would definitely be the most expensive route to take. especially considering that your car (like mine), is your DD.

zeusha

Established Member
if the car is your DD, why not just slap an upper pulley, exhaust, intake, and tune on and call it a day? this will give you about another 100hp/tq, and you'd still have a few $k left over to play with. ie: FLSFCs, springs, good tires, etc. i can assure you, you'd be amazed at the power difference just from an upper pulley. you'll have a whooole new car on your hands. i was pleasantly suprised/shocked at the difference it made.

however if you are just hell bent on a TS or turbo, or if around 500hp is not enough for you....then i would go TS. the turbo route would definitely be the most expensive route to take. especially considering that your car (like mine), is your DD.

Im not fully bent on maximum HP, the pulley change was my first Idea but I hear that the stock blower is so inefficient that a twin screw is much better just for the overall life of the car since it cost less rotating speed to give you the same power and at cooler IAT (exp, so I hear that a kenne bell at 6PSI is at same or better power numbers than the stock blower at 8PSI and cooler IAT's. But I figure with a single turbo the engine moves enough air to spin it with nearly no lag at all and has good IAT as well as NO parasitic loss. I may be wrong thats why I wanted a few opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread