Boost Controllers

bigriff85

Established Member
Which boost controllers do you guys use & some feedback on what you use would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

SCalla1384

Established Member
I just received my GFB Boost controller. Seems pretty good, price was like $270 on amazon. Won't have results for a little bit

hitmix300

Established Member
I also have the gfb. Easy to install and configure. Their support is stellar also. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425995399.821538.jpg

SCalla1384

Established Member
Okay cool thanks man, do you remember what you used for a wire to splice into? And how does it control over boost? I was reading a lot of Subaru guys have really good luck. Figured I'd ask you. Thanks

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Plan on running an Eboost2 whenever I boost mine next winter. Thee GFB has overboost protection, correct? That is a big thing for me, personally. That price is damn good for the GFB, and it looks great. Eboost2 is PRICEY.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
It does have over boost protection. Also has sensitivey, incase you have boost drop at the end of the pull, gain meaning how long to keep the wastegate closed for (quicker spool)

It seems like a pretty stout piece, especially for $265. I'll be messing with it on the dyno at low boost just so I can figure out what sensitivety to run and dial it in to keep the gate closed for the right amount of time.

Hitmix300, if you have any info please post up. Make life and the tuning process easier lol.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Wait, my friend actually got the GFB I am almost 100% for his On3 car, I will be taking a look at this closely very soon then. Probably gonna go with it instead, use the $300 saved for some OPG's or something haha. 6 settings as well, that is awesome. 1 for wastegate pressure, 2 for a few more psi, 3 for the most used psi, 4, 5 and 6 for whenever you wanna have fun for a few seconds before it blows up.

hitmix300

Established Member
For gfb users:

I’d suggest using the hose configuration shown in the instructions for the internal wastegate setup, connecting the hose onto only the LOWER port of the external wastegate. You don’t actually need to use the setup shown for the external gate (i.e. with both ports connected), the end result is the same.

This simplifies the hose layout and keeps unnecessary hose out of the equation. You can then use the supplied large brass tee piece to split the hose into two, one for each wastegate.

So, what I’d suggest is mount the solenoid centrally in the engine bay so it’s equal distance to both ‘gates. Source the boost pressure from a single location, preferably the intercooler pipe after both turbos have combined and before the throttle. It’s not a big deal if you have to source boost elsewhere, but this would be my suggestion if you can.

Connect the single boost pressure source to the solenoid port 3, then run the solenoid port 2 straight into the centre leg of the tee piece, and then the other two legs of the tee to the lower port of each wastegate.

This setup keeps the hose runs as short as possible, and the lengths balanced between each ‘gate. Like I say, this is the ideal, but if you have to deviate a bit it doesn’t matter.

Users who are viewing this thread