Boost gauge install

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Hey guys I've got my boost gauge all wired in, but I don't know how I hook up the sensor to the back of the blower (eaton swap). I know that the terminator guys have like a T fitting, I'm just wondering what different ways people have done it.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is it electric or mechanical? If it's mechanical just tap into a vacuum line at the back of the engine.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Is it electric or mechanical? If it's mechanical just tap into a vacuum line at the back of the engine.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

It's Mechanical and I know what port on the back of the blower to use but I just don't know how to hook it up as in the outlet on the blower for the boost gauge sensor is too big for the rubber hose that came with my sensor.

post in Terminator talk for more responses!

Thanks I'll try that as well

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Can you post a pic or describe which outlet on the eaton it should connect to?

There should be the big port on the back of the eaton for the Pcv system, then one to the lower right which I think the terminator guys use for their stock boost gauge so you'll just plug that One and then there should be one more for your vacuum lines. I'm just going off memory as Im not home but I can give you a better answer this weekend. As far as the boost gauge goes look behind your glove box and there should be a vacuum line there and all you need to do is put a T fitting in. I'm not 100% on all of that but that's what I'm doing at this point

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Ok thanks but I thought the termi guys said its not there behind the glove box for 01 cobras?
We need a "How to" for 99/01 eaton swaps :)

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Ok thanks but I thought the termi guys said its not there behind the glove box for 01 cobras?
We need a "How to" for 99/01 eaton swaps :)

They have one specifically for boost but I think that we have a vacuum line that runs there as well, at least that's what I found. I took a lot of pics during my swap so I might put one together :-D

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Here is what I ended up doing, I have no idea if it's reading boost correctly or not but if it's not then I'll just move it farther down the vacuum line towards the blower.

I went and bought a T fitting at Autozone
IMG_1411.jpg

Ran the gauge sensor through the firewall as pictured below. I haven't finished it yet but I'm going to make a small hole in the bottom of that rubber seal and put the sensor though it and then seal it up with black RTV.
IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

I then replaced the plastic piece that goes between the two vacuum lines with the T-fitting that I bought.

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

Like I said I have no idea if it'll work correctly or not but it's what I came up with. Hopefully this helps you out :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread