Boost gauge only reads 15 psi ???

rudycobra

Established Member
Ok I had aeroforce with boost kit but last time on dyno it only read 15 when dyno showed 22 lbs . So I just installed an auto meter and tapped it into the line behind the glove box . I'm breaking in my motor so not running car but did hit it quick once to see boost because curious how much will make but it still went to 15 . I have egr delete and with kb there's 1 brass 90 comming of blower plate that I had tied to the frps and boost line and something else . Any ideas ?? My stock with Hilton isn't calibrated perfect but it reads same as new auto meter .
Not sure wat else to check

MTBSully

Established Member
If the mechanical gauge also is only reading 15psi I would say that you are making 15lbs of boost and the dyno was wrong.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Where did they use for a vacum source on your dyno runs? Have you tried using that same port?

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I bet you have a hairline crack or slit somewhere in the line that you are tapping into. Just enough of a leak to lower the reading on the gauge but not cause a big enough leak to loose boost/performance. If the mechanical gauge reads 15 psi then that is what it is really seeing. Doesn't mean that its 15 psi at the blower.....if there is a leak in the line going to gauge.

Edit: Try this. Hook the gauge directly to your blower port with a new line. Run the gauge up to the windshield and zip tie it to the windshield wiper. Go make a hit on the street and see what it reads.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread