boost gauge question

BA03COBRA

Established Member
So I bought my L about a month ago and the boost gauge doesn't work. Where should the vacuum line coming off the gauge go to. Itvwasntvreading anything. I put a vacuum distribution block and now it reads vacuum just no boost. The needle stops at 0. Please help me out. I can't figure this out. Thanks

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
Under the dash there should be the line that supplies the OEM boost gauge, I used a T-connector to supply my Autometer gauge by drawing from there.
The main question is, does your factory Boost/Vacuum gauge properly?

Here's a photo of the fitting from Tim Skelton's Lightning page:

boost_tee.jpg

Last edited:

BA03COBRA

Established Member
No the factory one isn't hooked up. I'm not even sure if it works at all. I guess what imaging is where under the hood Is the gauge vacuum line connected to

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
The first thing I would do then is start chasing the Factory boost signal line. Start from under the driver side of the dash and look for the fittings and line location as shown above. If everything is hooked up there, then you can move to the engine compartment side and locate the line. I don't have any photos to share but keep in mind that the boost signal must come from "under" the blower, (post blower) anything else will only be a vacuum signal which isn't what you are looking for.

Once you have your boost source, it should be a relatively simple matter of finding out where your boost leak is, fixing the connection, and restoring correct operation of both boost gauges.

If have some time I might be able to get a look under the hood of my own truck and see if I can locate the lines for you, but you should be able to get along with simply following the line from the firewall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread