boost gauge questions..

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
I have recently put my autometer boost gauge in, where the egr sensor thing used to go (stock vacuum tree, back of intake) and well... it doesnt read anything. it read 2lbs the first time i got in boost, then nothing after. this is ONLY a boost gauge, not a vac/boost :bash: . The w/g is triggerd to come on @ 4.5lbs (per manual)(referenced right before t/b on intake tube) and i hear there can be a 2lbs drop within the intake itself . Im just wonderin what is wrong?? maybe i hooked it up wrong? is there supposed to be telfon on all the threads for the brass fittings? i used that hard plastic line, like what you use for oil pressure gauges...

i tried running the gauge @ where i had made the egr block-off plate with a 1/8 nipple, but it read about 1-2lbs as well:??:

TRBO VNM

my gauge reads what the wastegate spring or controller is set at. why not put your gauge off one of the vac ports on the intake?

TRBO VNM

ok. is your gauge mechanical or electronic?

Mechanical: look at the needle with the car off and see if it reads dead nuts zero. What is it at?

Electronic: Turn key to on position, don't start car. it will cycle the gauge and reset the needle. is the needle at dead nuts zero or something else? What is it at?

I wouldn't be surprised if the gauge is off from autometer. that is one of the reasons I don't deal with them anymore. the speedhut revolution gauges imo are much nicer and can be fully customized and if they are off a little, you can zero them out yourself. so no down time.

Boostin01Slobra

Anti-Lag
Established Member
its mechanical. im running the plastic line like u would use for an oil pressure gauge for it. it reads 0 because the needle rests on the little peg when its not in boost. this is a Autometer Lunar 0-35psi gauge
0805090048a.jpg

ok. is your gauge mechanical or electronic?

Mechanical: look at the needle with the car off and see if it reads dead nuts zero. What is it at?

Electronic: Turn key to on position, don't start car. it will cycle the gauge and reset the needle. is the needle at dead nuts zero or something else? What is it at?

I wouldn't be surprised if the gauge is off from autometer. that is one of the reasons I don't deal with them anymore. the speedhut revolution gauges imo are much nicer and can be fully customized and if they are off a little, you can zero them out yourself. so no down time.

TRBO VNM

not sure what else to really tell you. since you don't have a real 0 mark to go by. I haven't had much luck with hooking stuff to the EGR port.

Users who are viewing this thread