boost in cold climate

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
what boost gains are you guys seeing over your set boost now that the weather is getting cooler?

i had mine set at 17lbs but tonight i saw it hit 19.5! could the cold weather be to blame for the boost spike? it was steady too. 19.5 till redline.

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
Unless you are running on a maxed turbo usually, why wouldn't the controller compensate for the denser air?

i think that if my wastegate had issues, my turbo would have spooled till the motor let go. so far it seems that 2 pounds is the norm for cold weather

ttt

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
58 views and only 2 responses? im sure there are more people running arond in the coolder climates right now.

Last edited:

yellow03vert

Established Member
I have mine set for 16 #'s and have been seeing about 1# more, I just turned my controller down a little to compensate for the cooler air.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I have my controller set to no adjustment so it's running 9# off the wastegate.. I was seeing 10.5# which is where I want to be any more and I'm running out of fuel.

solidsnak3

NOVA STOCK
Established Member
I have my controller set to no adjustment so it's running 9# off the wastegate.. I was seeing 10.5# which is where I want to be any more and I'm running out of fuel.

1.5 psi. nice to see more people putting in there info. thanks.

anyone else. 1 to 2 lbs seems normal i guess.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
No cold nights down here yet and my controller is set on 14lbs. I will chime in when it below 60* here at night lol

Users who are viewing this thread