boost issues ?

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Ok fellas need some help. So I went to the dyno not long ago with my budget on 3 setup on winter blend e85 tested at e72 car made 630 whp sae at started at 12psi worked up to 16psi wouldnt make any more than 16 psi with cobtroller this was a stalled auto blowing through converter at 5800rpm. So when I got home I wanted more boost swapped out to 22 psi spring getting same boost reading with no controller 12 psi wtf. It holds boost solid to redline (swapped converters since dyno pulls to 6700rpm) no boost spike etc. the wastegate spring rating is me bench testing them. Any suggestions. Turno is on3 76 mm their whole kit .

Last edited:

Wannabe4v

Established Member
A manual boost controller turboxs. But off the controller boost should be 22 psi because my wastegate are setup at 22 psi spring pressure. I'm running a 3" Down pipe dumped also

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Are you using the on3 wastegates? If so, they are poop and they leak.

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Yes.Wouldn't leak witg shop air hooked to it ? It doesn't leak with shop air to it at all holds pressure. I'm almost thinking back pressure issues but no one has ever had this problem with this kit on for that on a stock engine

Last edited:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
I had too much back pressure in the hotside with a master power t76. Would blow the gates open with 20# springs in it at 12-14psi. Stock displacement, built bottom end.

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Exact same issue. So new turbo is the fix then ? It's the on3 76 mm .96 ar t4 flange. Same exact thing as the mp76iirc

Last edited:

dark-knight

Established Member
im using a on3 70mm .96ar and its just fine. are you able to switch out the spring in the boost controller? I use a hallman MBC and there a soft spring and a stiff spring. the soft spring only let me raise the boost about 5-6psi and was very insensitive. The stiffer spring will help with more boost and more sensitive.

Wannabe4v

Established Member
What boost are u on knight ? My turbo works fine but wont only goes to 12psi with 22 psi spring and goes to 16psi with boost controller

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Ya read my whole post buddy lol that's my issue bench tested wastegates at 22 psi but open at 12psi with out boost controller lol

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
Turbo will help, I upgraded to a Precision 7675 and dumped the POS on3 wastegates for a single precision 46MM wastegate on the merge pipe. No more issues.

Wannabe4v

Established Member
Gotcha did you do it all at once or one at a time ? If one at a time which helped the most

Last edited:

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
If you're using the on3 turbo do that first. It will shit the bed before too long anyways, they have a history of doing that if you look around.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone post up a 7675 for sale recently in marketplace for $900.00.

Users who are viewing this thread