Boostapump Not Working At All

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
CLIFF NOTES AT BOTTOM. PLEASE HELP.

Hello. I have tried using the search function but it is not very helpful anymore since it omits like every word I put in, lol. Anyway, I had a boostapump "professionally installed" yesterday. When I drove back, it was weird bc I expected the engine to sound a little less smooth (at least before some type of tuning.) So, I come back and decide to test it.

When I turn the key to all accessories (right before ignition) the boostapump makes no noise at all. (It is supposed to make noise.)

Also, I datalogged the FPDC and it does not change AT ALL from 0% to 50% boostapump.

So I call the installer and of course he immediately places blame on a defective unit (lol).

He also claims that if it was not working, the car would not start because of the way it is wired. (He can say this stuff to me bc I have no idea what is involved in a bap, so he could just be telling me bs. I do not know.)

CLIFF NOTES:
Anyway, basically, car starts and runs exactly as it did before bap was installed and the bap dial has no effect on fpdc. Anything I can check for to try to remedy the problem?

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
who said it's supposed to make noise? also, are you datalogging wot runs to see what your air/fuel maps look like?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Your pumps make a noise. Not the BAP. Datalog the FPDC (FP) and watch the difference in duty at idle. With the BAP set to zero it will be around 15% or so. With it set to 50% (full on) It will be around 19-20% at idle.

-Jeff

racebronco2

Established Member
the bap does not make noise and if it is not working you cannot start the car.
your car will run just like it did before except at the point it was running out of pumps. what tool are you using to datalog.

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
I am using a predator. I checked the "FP", which is the fuel pump duty cycle for the predator and it stays at the same number when I turn the dial.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
The easiest way to check if a BAP is working or not is to hook up your predator to the car and monitor the FPDC at idle with the BAP at zero and make a note where it is at. Crank up the BAP and the FPDC should drop. You should be able to see the FPDC go up and down as you turn the BAP dial up and down. Don't worry about noise.

It looks like you already did this. If there is no change in FPDC the BAP is not working.

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
The thing that does not make sense is that:

I have been told that the car will not start if the BAP is not working.

However, the car does start and the BAP does nothing.

I do not understand this.

Chonger

The Korean Connection
Established Member
I think the information you were given was not correct. Think about it.....The car starts and runs fine. Datalog the FPDC at idle.

If it does not change as you adjust the BAP dial it is NOT working corectly. There is no way.

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
What would u guys do if u were me? I just spent 255 having the BAP installed. It is so weird bc the car runs fine but the BAP does not work.

racebronco2

Established Member
do a search on the bap install and double check that it is installed correctly. if the bap is bad you should not be able to start the car, but if it is installed incorrectly that is why it still runs and no change in fpdc.

Users who are viewing this thread