Boosted 2018 A10 5.0 in action, finally!

MG0h3

Established Member

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I doubt the legitimacy of stock internals as well. Yeah Ford already knows people are going to mod them and made them pretty stout from factory which is a good thing. But, thinking about 1100WHP w/o going in and changing a few things even if its something small like opening up the rings a bit more so you don't grenade the hamsters in the bore. I question all builds where people claim stock, you can't exactly scope the bore and measure ring gaps or pull the pan and look for factory numbers on parts, hell why not yank all the bearings as well. I know some of the godly tuners just don't get questioned but parts are still parts and are not invincible and still have a limit of what they take. But then again who's going to steal the car and rip apart the motor and measure and check every single part then put it back together, their word vs everyone else.
Didn't a few 03 cobras go twin turbo and bust the 1100 hp mark back in the day with stock internals?

Me with a mop is like a frog riding a bicycle.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I don't know that I doubt the legitimacy of a 100% stock internal car here. I recall a couple '15-17 cars making 900rwhp internally stock, but don't know how long they lived. I could see it from a 2018 for sure.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, that car went 8.99 back in May and it was leaving off a regular brake (footbrake). On trans brake the car has lower et maybe even mid 8s.
heres a video from back in may:

The CPR kit is so effing bad ass.

If the wait wasn’t a year long my ‘18 would be running one right this minute.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
That thing is angry. Makes me want a Bullitt even more, knowing the Gen 3 Coyote is a monster.

Pick your poison.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I’ve been tossing around the idea of trading in the Hellcat for an M3 and putting the Pure Stage 2 turbos on it. These 18’s really have me thinking as well.

Last edited:

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
Its funny how a trans upgrade can take a turd and turn it into a badass machine. Same with the challengers. That A8 makes all the difference. I wouldnt even want a HC with a manual.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Its funny how a trans upgrade can take a turd and turn it into a badass machine. Same with the challengers. That A8 makes all the difference. I wouldnt even want a HC with a manual.
HC in manual is spin city. What does the avg driver run in a manual HC? 1-sec slower than the auto? LOL
imo, high HP car, like anything over 1000rwhp, auto is the way to go.

Kiohtee

Established Member
HC in manual is spin city. What does the avg driver run in a manual HC? 1-sec slower than the auto? LOL
imo, high HP car, like anything over 1000rwhp, auto is the way to go.

The difference becomes noticeable long before 1000rwhp though. You can take two bolt-on cars running the exact same mods and tune where applicable, and the 6R/10R is a good bit faster.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
The difference becomes noticeable long before 1000rwhp though. You can take two bolt-on cars running the exact same mods and tune where applicable, and the 6R/10R is a good bit faster.
agreed, i drive a manual car, where it really shines is on the road course. Manual in an HC doesnt shine anywhere, lol. I bet it would be fun on a road course but then its a boat and only stands a chance in tracks like road america or COTA.

96 cobra

Established Member
Definitely considering an auto GT, that transmission is on-point.
Hotrod tested a completely stock A10 Gt under optimum conditions: 11.8 @ 119.5mph

KEVINS

Established Member
WOW, that thing just rips after about 10 ft... That's gotta feel incredible once it hits!

ks

Users who are viewing this thread