Boosted 2v guys come on in, need suggestions

Evil_GT

KB-E85
Established Member
A good family friend built my complete motor. Bored .020 over, Ported Heads, Comp Cams, SRP Pistons, Forged H-Beam Rods, Stock Crank, BBK Headers, and it cost me about $4,000, took about 1 month from start to finish. C/R is about 9:1 - 9:3 right in there somewhere.

I run a Kennebell 2.1 @ 17psi - Zex 100 shot - Full Exhaust/Bolt-ons - and run E85.

If you are looking for 500-600hp+ you will easily spend around $10,000. You will need a motor, Tranny upgrades, Fuel System, and some sort of blower or one hell of a bad ass nitrous setup.

Motor - $3,000-6,000
Trans - I'd say $500-1000+ depending on what you do, clutch etc.
Fuel - Not sure what you have, but you will need (Injectors, pumps, Hat, etc)
Supercharger - I dont think you will find a kit for under $1,000... So I'd say $1000-5000+ depending on what you go with.

Now add in there tunes, and other misc things that just pop up or break or whatever.

IMO.. Your best bet if you are on a budget, start with a motor, and just start building your car up. Do a motor, fuel system, trans upgrades, yadda yadda until you can build up enough to buy a blower. OR just deal with it, save up a big chunk of change, and buy it all. OR sell your car, save up, and buy a built one already.

Chais92

Established Member
I have a mmr 4.75 liter shortblock, ported and polished heads, Houston performance blower cams, and a little s-trim. For fuel it's twin cobra pumps, boost a pump, and 42lb injectors. Well over 7k invested. Motor being put in right now and going to see Bon kurgan soon shootin for just 500hp. Started out as a budget build but it really is hard to keep with a budget If u want any kind of power out of these cars. But good luck buddy!!

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
really really appreciate all the advice....it may be a waste but im sticking with my 2v. the trans, fuel, and rear werent meant to be included in what I thought would be my budget. about 3 days ago i got offered a much better position in my company so its really not going to be an issue now. just bought a forged mach 1 crank, using my stock block and heads with a little work done to them, havent decided on internals, etc. but its going turbo for sure.

laoutlaw01

North Louisiana redneck
Established Member
Get nos,cams,basic bolt ons like throttle body and cold air and upper plenum. Then sticky tires and 4.10 gears.find your nearest Tuner and get it dynoed. That should walk that Audi.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
there is NOTHING wrong with a well built 2v..

We have Todd Berry's 2002 twin turbo 2v at the shop... its got a cobra crank, manley rods, and .020 pistons in it... it also has a NON LOCKUP 4r70w trans in it... it has made 950rwhp so far spinning the tires on the dyno through the NON LOCKUP auto trans... we will be shooting for 1000rwhp today! Heads were ported by Chris Howe.. this was on race gas and it will be converted to e85 this spring

boduke0220

Established Member
budget wise? 03 cobra shortblock, MHS head/ turbo cam combo. Victor jr Intake, 0n3 turbo and then fuel. if you wanted to save some money you could take out the heads/cams and still make over 500 easyyy.

but if it were me

Teskid block .20 with modmax everything inside.
MHS stage 2 Heads and stage 2 Blower Cams
Vortech v2 T trim on 15lbs through a Cxracing FMIC
60lb injectors, twin cobra pumps, and hpx slot style maf
tko 600 or t56 depending on what the better deal would be

thats just my little fantasy i have going on lol

Users who are viewing this thread