Borla Cat-back

Captain Hook

Established Member
I finally got out in the shop last night and put my borla catback on the mach. Great sounding. Nice change from the old tried & true Flowmaster stuff. Fit great, sounds great :thumbsup: I would definately put this as the best sounding set-up I have owned. Not to mention, I dont know if it was due to it being a little cooler last night or if it was the exhaust but my car finally woke up. 3500rpm on it was running much better.

Captain Hook

Established Member
This the kit they are calling the "Stinger". It has the rolled/round/angle cut tips just like the stock except 3 1/2". I have been out and drove around more this morning with it. All I can say is awesome. Rolling 55 to 60 cant hear it. Sounds just like stock. 70 to 75 start to hear a rumble. If your driving running the car up 2500 to 3500 shifts, gives off a great throaty tone. This exhaust is perfect. Quiet when you want it to be and loud if you want that. I can not give this set up any higher praises. The price wasnt too bad either. $445 + $28 to ship

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
very nice

I saw your post over on the registry. So how did the install go?

I definitely want something a little louder than the stock system, but only when I get on it. You know what I mean? lol

Last edited:

Captain Hook

Established Member
Originally posted by MattNCSU
very nice

I saw your post over on the registry. So how did the install go?

I definitely want something a little louder than the stock system, but only when I get on it. You know what I mean? lol

Didnt take to long. About 1 1/2 hrs. It would have gone quicker if someone else could have been there to help align the tips from the outside. The kit fit really well. Had to cut the stock off though.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisoned Pony
is the system the same as the '99+ GT system or a different kit just for Mach's?

same system. nothing special about it. bought it under the GT listing

Zate

Established Member
so whats different to this and the Borla Stinger AmazonRacing wants $650 for ?

i am seriously thinking just getting flow master mufflers and having a shop locally make the rest.. all these places want too damn much for all their parts.. i bought a mustang cos it was supposed to be cheaper to modify.

Captain Hook

Established Member
Originally posted by Zate
so whats different to this and the Borla Stinger AmazonRacing wants $650 for ?

i am seriously thinking just getting flow master mufflers and having a shop locally make the rest.. all these places want too damn much for all their parts.. i bought a mustang cos it was supposed to be cheaper to modify.

Hey Zate, there is nothing different between the 2. Mustangs are cheaper. I have been the LT1/LS1 route. You just have to kinda of search around on pricing of parts. IN MY ON OPINION Amazon is high on there parts as can be shown on the 2 exhaust set-ups. $200 differance. Dont worry about the prices. Just ask when interested in something and I know people will gladly help with giving the best price and location. I know I have to shop around and make the best choices with a family and all. Dont fret it.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread