Borla or Bassani

MachweZo3

Established Member
My dad just sold his 1969 SS El Camino and told me since he just got the check that he would buy me something for my car. I have a Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back system that sucks a$$:mj: My buddy just got Bassani put on his 03 Cobra, and not only does it look sick but it sounds pretty good too! My neighbor is a race car driver and he insists that I go with Borla. What do you guys think?

phatfunk

Established Member
just curious...what don't you like about the Flowmaster system that you already have? Instead of getting another cat-back, why not just stick with what you have and get an x- pipe along with your exhaust? Are you unhappy with the way it sounds/performs/looks?

Jester

-------------
Established Member
I don't think you can go wrong with either of those two choices. I have Bassani on my Mach and it's awesome!

MACH1PB

Established Member
IMO borlas sound awesome. I've heard plenty of exhaust setups and stingers just have that sound no other exhaust have. Borlas just sound mean as hell. But u cant go wrong with either.

Glacius

8 UR POS
Established Member
i have Bassani and i love the sound of it. I heard Stingers on my friends 03 and it sounds pretty nice as well. I had Dynomax Race bullets on my GT and they sounded about the same piutch as that with my X pipe and bullets on it of course. But honestly i think it comes down to preference. I think you should download sample sound clips of both to really help you seal the deal.

ExplorerThis

Valve Drop
Established Member
Borla catback....and bassani headers and x-pipe...If borla made x-pipes and headers for our cars...YOUR DAMN RIGHT I would by them :D

AZROUSH01

Established Member
I put on the SLP 'X'- pipe, no cats, great performance, sound was a little raspy...then a month ago I installed Bassani Mid length,sceramic coated, made the differance, sound smoothed out, power was up on the high end and they look best. SLP has these Mod motors dialed in with their pipes for sure, Bassani's quality is second to none in the headers....

Users who are viewing this thread