Borla S Type

JJJTMC

Established Member
I ordered part #11837 1 1/2 weeks ago, on back order. Anyone know if they started adding the weep holes on the 13-14 model years?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
My understanding was no still have to drill them yourselves. Forgot to drill them into the S-Types I had and completely destroyed them.

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
How did you destroy them? And where would be the best location to drill?

Was nearly 6 months without the holes drilled. The packing was completely gone by the time I did drill holes. The sounded radically different too.

Listening to videos the first few months of them on the O/R pipe they sounded radically different than the last few months I had them. Another person who drilled their holes from day one, theirs sounded a lot different than mine and they'd had theirs longer when compared in person. That "bark" they are known for, was gone on mine.

Was Funny that Borla wouldn't even talk to me about it when I tried to ask them about it. Oh well, I don't have them anymore and will buy another brand for the Boss. I would think they should own up to not drilling weep holes and not telling you too drill weep holes. I myself never thought about it on $700 mufflers.

We get extremely humid summers. I can only guess the humidity and O/R pipe from day one didn't help.

As for the holes. This is from Borla, but I drilled them a little further in like the picture below.

Thread that made me finally drill them and location of that info, HERE and while mine never drained cupfulls of water, after driving the car those weep holes would drip a LOT of water. There'd be giant soaked spots on the pavement where the car sat. Going inside a store for 10 mins and coming out would leave two spots.

Drain Hole Drilling Instructions - 2011+ Mustang GT Borla S-Type
Use a 1/16 inch drill bit:
Note: This drainage hole is recommended only for specific Borla products. Please contact Borla Per-formance Industries with your Borla part number prior to drilling your muffler.
1. Mark a centerline on the muffler end cap facing the front of the vehicle. Mark the drain hole on the centerline 1/8” from the inside edge of the endcap.
2. Use a metal-cutting drill-bit and carefully drill through the end cap.
3. Clean hole of any metal shavings.
4. Periodically check drainage hole for blockage.

drip2.jpg

Last edited:

JJJTMC

Established Member
Got my S types today after 2 1/2 weeks on back order. Part #11837, no weep holes. I called and asked them about it and they told me it's a new design on the inside? Thinking I may do it anyway.

Dan12GT

Established Member
Got my S types today after 2 1/2 weeks on back order. Part #11837, no weep holes. I called and asked them about it and they told me it's a new design on the inside? Thinking I may do it anyway.

I'd check with Borla again and make sure IF you drill the holes you can keep your warranty. I will be calling them tomorrow about that, mine have trapped a TON of water.

JJJTMC

Established Member
Curious as to what they tell you. Let us know. He said it was specifically for the 11-12s.

JJJTMC

Established Member
After 5 months I decided to drill the weep holes, as I noticed the sound appeared to have changed. The passenger side drained for 4:45 minutes and the driver's side drained for 5:05 minutes. Happy I finally got around to doing it.
View My Video

Users who are viewing this thread