Votes: 112 24.2%
  • H-pipe w/o cats

Votes: 79 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kobra

Established Member
I have Borla Stingers and with stock H-Pipes and i love the sound of it. Im also thinking of buying a mid-pipe and i heard that the H-pipes keep the low rumble sound while the X-pipes accually make it a higher pitched sound.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
thats a nice lookin ride there, i love those rims i can't wait to put my 18x9's on like those off of ebay. again nice car man
Blk03SVTCobra said:
I want a sound clip right now. Not saying I don't believe you (in fact quite the opposite), but I want to hear this Borla catback that is "alot louder" than the Stinger. I am MORE than just interested. PLEASE post a clip.

On all the sites I've ever been on though 140052 is the Stinger part #. Even on Borla's site, the catback they have listed for Part# 140052 is the Stinger. Perhaps another vendor could weigh in on this. Check out Borla Part# 140052 here.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a sound/video clip.... I'm sure others are interested as well

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Wings65288 said:
where can i get a prochamber h-pipe?
Wings65288 said:
or a MRT catted H

RPMOutlet sells the Prochamber (without cats) for $199.95. Make sure you get the 02 Simulators to prevent the "Check Engine Light" from coming on. Here's the link:
RPMOutlet - MAC O/R Prochamber

As far as the MRT catted H, Ninosport is the place to go. They are currently out of stock, but he was selling them for $459.95. With the price of steel going up these days though, I don't know how much longer that price will last. Here's the link anyways:
Ninosport.com - MRT Catted H-pipe

Oh yea, and I don't have the 18" rims. I have the stock 17"x9" chromes. Thanks for the compliment on my car though :-D

Hope that helps, man.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
then whats a good mid-pipe to add some hp and keep the sound?

I wish I knew cause I would still have my stingers on. I tried the prochamber with no cats, made it real loud, inside and out. And it sounded like a friggin truck. It is not a quality piece either, Krylon coating justs scratches off and the chamber on mine cracked within two weeks. Tried the Mrt H with cats and quieted the interior noise but made the truck sound worse. Ended up selling the stingers and bought some flowmasters. Sounds good now but it could be louder. I don't think the stock H is that restrictive. I dynoed at 435 with stock H and replaced with prochamber and only went up to 439. And that was after a dyno tune. Those are the only two combo's I have heard with the stingers. IMO, I'd rather give up 5 hp to have a nice sounding mustang than have a truck sounding one. Good luck!

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
how much do you guys think they STINGERS will add by themselves?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
The stingers aren't loud at all with the stock midpipe. I'd really like to hear the SLP system in person though! I'll vote for the O/R prochamber which isn't up there....:rolleyes: When I had the MagnaPacks CB and ProChamber on my 98 GT I swear that was the best sounding exhaust combo I have ever heard.....No, I'm not just saying that because it was my car either! :lol1:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I agree, stingers are not that loud at all, loudest with the stock mid pipe yes, but not loud. My 98 Cobra had magnapacks and mac o/r H and people would follow me miles to my destination to find out what exhaust I had. I figure the stingers have the same exact design as the magnapacks so a prochamber should sweeten it up.

stangfreak

Established Member
well if you change the midpipe on any catback it will deff. be louder. thats a given. the stingers on the stock h pipe, well they are kind of loud. each perseon has a different taste of WHAT LOUD IS. maybe i have a freak car, but i have the stock hpipe with the stingers and the car is loud. to me it is.

i compared my exhaust to many cars with different catbacks with the stock hpipe and the stingers did have a deeper bassy louder sound.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yea, i may go with a prochamber myself. is there much of a difference with the x-pipe and h-pipe with the stingers?

davbrucas

Banned
personally, i like the sound of the Dr Gas x-pipe with the magnaflow CB. not too loud with an aggressive sound. not raspy, but perfect. if you go with the Dr Gas, take to someone who can weld/fit well b/c it is a PITA to install. my friend has the stinger with stock H on his cobra and i love the sound, for for the price of the stinger i can get the Dr Gas and a magnaflow CB...

04torchred

Established Member
astippich said:
If you don't want it really loud(which it probably is right now if you have stingers) than leave it alone. If you want louder than you have now and still deep, mean and growly than go with catted h. If you want a more exotic sound go with an x. Prochamber seems pretty good with stingers too from the ones I've heard. And my mrt-catted h/stinger combo do not sound like glass packs! There is an occasional glass pack rap between 2500 and 3000rmp at initial wot and only depending on air and engine temp. They rap for a second or less and then sound fricken unreal. I've had people pull up next to me on the highway at least ten yimes in the last month since I put this combo on to tell me my car sounded great! Guys in their 20's thru 50's! Check fush's terminator site to hear stingers with a prochamber and hear them with a catted x. http://03cobra.g33ks.org/staticpages/index.php?page=20040116143435264 If you use the search function there are also a few clips of mrt catted h and stingers on the svt site(this site) and I almost forgot STINGERS ARE LOUD!

From the link you posted. In the video of the Packs vs. Stingers which cars had which exhaust system? Were the stingers on the left cobra or right.

Thanks!

notch3o2

i8urmama
Established Member
Blue Poison said:
My advice to you is if you have the Stinger like I do....keep the stock H! The sound will never get better with the Stinger IMO. You'll mess up the sound and wish you never had.

Very true...i swapped out my stock h pipe with an off road x and it got old really fast being how loud it was. Switched back to the stock H and couldnt be happier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread