Borla Stinger Installed - Question??

thexman10

Established Member
I installed the Borla Singer on my 2004 Cobra last night. Sounds great. My question is: Has anyone had any problems with the tips not being the same on both sides. I mean one lower that the other? On mine the passenger side is a little lower than the drivers side and also not centered. I'm probable going to stop by a muffler shop and let then fix it. Heat up the hanger and move it. Also how much exhaust tip did you leave exposed? Thanks in advance.........

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I just had to play with mine a little bit to get them to line up fine. It doesn't seem like it, but there's a lot of positioning you can do between the two peices, I would stay away from the muffler shop and loosen up the clamps and play with it first.

ModsAway

Established Member
Ditto, just fiddling with the play in the hangers I managed to line them up (enough that you can't tell anyway unless you were to measure).

As far as sticking out.... not sure, but I didn't leave nearly as much sticking out as I have seen some people post pictures of here. I'd say 2-4 inches at the most. Its all personal preference.

Good choice on the stingers!

NewGuy

Originally posted by 03yllwguy
I just had to play with mine a little bit to get them to line up fine. It doesn't seem like it, but there's a lot of positioning you can do between the two peices, I would stay away from the muffler shop and loosen up the clamps and play with it first.

Yep, I second that. I got lucky and mine lined up after my first attempt!

qmcobra

Established Member
I had a hard time getting mine even. The pieces wouldnt slide in and out for me, which made it hard to adjust things. The pipes were almost touching each other by the gas tank regardless of how I slide the pipes around. I just kept messing with them and they seem to line up close enough. Mine stick out about the same as the factory tips ~1 inch

Users who are viewing this thread