Borla Stingers vs Ataks

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
Looking at which catback is better with a bassani o/r x pipe. Im running stingers cb right now, love them but would like a little louder. Give me ya opinions and any videos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Holy shit, you have an o/r x-pipe, stingers and 580 horsepower and you want it louder? Either you are a real man who enjoys pissing off the neighbors or partially deaf, lol.

I have no personal experience but Borla claims the Atak mufflers are their most aggressive muffler - Mustang Cobra 1999-2004 Cat-Back Exhaust ATAK part # 140446

I know it is not a direct comparison since it's on a 5.0 but here is a video comparing their systems.

[youtube_browser]ayemxBdI0bc[/youtube_browser]

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Can't get much louder with a clean sound. Atak is close to stingers. Manga packs or loudmouth loudest but way too raspy. Keep what you have.

SL0BRA650

NorCal.
Established Member
Holy shit, you have an o/r x-pipe, stingers and 580 horsepower and you want it louder? Either you are a real man who enjoys pissing off the neighbors or partially deaf, lol.

I have no personal experience but Borla claims the Atak mufflers are their most aggressive muffler - Mustang Cobra 1999-2004 Cat-Back Exhaust ATAK part # 140446

I know it is not a direct comparison since it's on a 5.0 but here is a video comparing their systems.

[youtube_browser]ayemxBdI0bc[/youtube_browser]

I enjoy popping ricers ear drums lol! appreciate the feedback.

USAFmustang95

Established Member
Actually no not necessarily…. Magnapacks would be louder than stingers and still have a clean, deep tone….14x4 4 inch case or the 6x4 x 4 inch case magna pack would be a little louder and cleaner tone….in my opinion if you want to piss ppl off get QTP cutouts and have best of both worlds…:rockon:

1loudmouthpony

Established Member

BULLITT314

Established Member
+1 on QTP cutouts if you really just want to blow some ear drums. I installed a pair of the oval ones on my xpipe right after the longtubes. I put them on right before I put my car away for winter. I only took it up to 3500 rpm with them open, and it was ridiculously loud.

SVT_GHOST

Banned
Looking at which catback is better with a bassani o/r x pipe. Im running stingers cb right now, love them but would like a little louder. Give me ya opinions and any videos would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

Ataks are way to loud in my opinion, if u want to try a diferent exhaust, lets trade bro i have a magnapack catback ! :beer:

svtaddict

Established Member
you must be smoking if you think magnapacks are louder than stingers. i have both and stingers are louder by far.

b_dike

Established Member
you must be smoking if you think magnapacks are louder than stingers. i have both and stingers are louder by far.

This, I'm with you. Stingers are definitely loader. Plus they hold there tone higher up in the rpm range. Where as magnapacks kinda get too high pitched up top.

bbk03gt24

Established Member
so after reading through all of the posts, I'm still not 100% sure which one is louder between the two - the Stingers or ATAK? At idle, just cruising, and then WOT?

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I recently bought a stainless catback with ataks welded in from a guy on here and just installed them last weekend. Holy crap they a friggin loud. I cant compare them to stingers, but I would guess they are on the top end of the loudest exhaust. easily twice as loud as the flowmasters I just replaced. Matter of fact, when I go WOT you can't even hear the blower whine over the exhaust inside the car.

Users who are viewing this thread