Borla XR-1

donster

Established Member
Anybody have these on there car? I currently have slp and hate those things, so i was looking at these xr-1 from summit. any feedback?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Borla XR-1 = Borla Stingers

This was discussed a few months back here on the boards but the long and short is that they are essentially the same mufflers, with the XR-1's being available in larger diameter inlet & outlet tubing sizes.

DICobra

Established Member
Borla XR-1 = Borla Stingers

This was discussed a few months back here on the boards but the long and short is that they are essentially the same mufflers, with the XR-1's being available in larger diameter inlet & outlet tubing sizes.

will they bolt right in if replacing just the mufflers?

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
XR-1 mufflers are not just the borla stingers. Borla offers the XR-1 mufflers in the turbo series, turbo xl series, turbo xl series with 3" inlet, and the s-type (aka stingers)

but all the turbo series mufflers are an oval case ranging from 13"-19" long and numerous inlet/outlet designs and sizes lol. All the mufflers will fit in your catback depending on the length of the mufflers.

The turbo series mufflers ive heard on a cobra before with an o/r x-pipe and they sound similar to the magnaflow, but deeper. They arent to loud, they sound really good at wide open throttle.

No i dont no all this off the top of my head, i was looking at a jegs magazine lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread