Bosch wideband sensor issues

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
I am having bosch sensors stop working after about a month of use . I just bought a zeitronix zt-3 wideband with the bosch sensor about 3 months ago and have gone through two sensors already . When I had my car tuned my tuner adjusted the a/f to about 11.7 at WOT on his wideband(mustangdyno) and my gauge didn't agree with that at all reading a 10.3 at WOT (when the gauge was working properly). It has since stopped working since yesterday and reads random numbers no matter what . What could cause them to stop working properly ?

I had the car on a dyno yesterday at a local car show(dynojet) and did two pulls and my wideband and the dynos wideband was spot on at 10.3 WOT . I am thinking that my car is running rich as there was some black smoke out of the tailpipes . The guy running the dyno said it was rich and that he could lean it out a bit and put some more numbers to the rear wheels no problem. If it is actually running that at WOT like my wideband and the dynojet shows, then it is certainly to rich for my liking . Could the unburnt fuel flowing through the exhaust be causing them to burn out ? The last one I pulled out of my x pipe was black as can be . Please let me know what you think in this matter . Looking for opinions and may take it to my tuner to have the tune adjusted . Thanks in advance .

cobra-k

Established Member
+1 I have same issue. They are definitely fouled out from the car running too rich. I'm awaiting my new sensor yet too see if it matches up to the tunes afr.

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
+1 I have same issue. They are definitely fouled out from the car running too rich. I'm awaiting my new sensor yet too see if it matches up to the tunes afr.

I would say mine was reading right and the mustangdyno was wrong . My car is full bolt on , 2.76 upper , 4# lower , long tube headers , full exhaust , return fuel system , dragon t body and plenum, jlt intake and some other add ons and put down 420whp on the mustangdyno and 460whp and equal torque on the dynojet . From the research I have done it should be closer to 500whp on the dynojet . If I keep fouling the sensors it is gonna cost a small fortune .

Users who are viewing this thread