Boss 302 Laguna on Sebring

Para81

Established Member
The capability is enormous, incredible car. Sebring_RS4.jpg Sebring_RS6.jpgSebring_RS5.jpgSebring_RS2.jpgSebring_Resized.jpg

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
I've always wondered how the staggerd tires drove on the boss. I think i prefer a square set up myself, but a lot of people seem to like the different sizes... Looking forward to my first track day here in August.

Para81

Established Member
I've always wondered how the staggerd tires drove on the boss. I think i prefer a square set up myself, but a lot of people seem to like the different sizes... Looking forward to my first track day here in August.

Which track are you scheduled for?

Para81

Established Member
Very nice!

There is a brand new world class track about 5 hours from you near New Orleans. NOLA Motorsports Park - same designer who built Miller in Salt Lake City and Barber.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
I had lunch with another Boss owner off this forum last week and i believe he was talking about that track. It must be new, because i've jsut recently started hearing a lot about it. Apparently its pretty epic.

vergil

Established Member
Nice pics, was this Chin Motorsports? How much did you pay for the track? I live in Orlando and I am looking for an affordable track event, can you share some info? thank you very much.

Para81

Established Member
I had lunch with another Boss owner off this forum last week and i believe he was talking about that track. It must be new, because i've jsut recently started hearing a lot about it. Apparently its pretty epic.

It was built in 2012....it's incredible. In fact there is an open track day this Friday 27June. Still slots open - want to sign up? I'll be driving in town tomorrow for it. You get 5 (20 min) sessions or you can do a half day. It's right up there with the best of them. They are also in the process of extending it from 2.7 mile to 5.2 mile - which will make it one of the longest road courses in USA I believe. On the NOLA backstraight my Boss hit 142mph. It's fast!

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
It was built in 2012....it's incredible. In fact there is an open track day this Friday 27June. Still slots open - want to sign up? I'll be driving in town tomorrow for it. You get 5 (20 min) sessions or you can do a half day. It's right up there with the best of them. They are also in the process of extending it from 2.7 mile to 5.2 mile - which will make it one of the longest road courses in USA I believe. On the NOLA backstraight my Boss hit 142mph. It's fast!

Im actually moving next tuesday, so between all of that i will be flat broke until the end of summer, it'll be all i can do to get the car ready for my track day in August haha. My GF races her mustang too though, so this is something we definetly want to get more involved in. I love coming over to the boss section every once in a while because a lot of you guys actually go out and race.

Para81

Established Member
Nice pics, was this Chin Motorsports? How much did you pay for the track? I live in Orlando and I am looking for an affordable track event, can you share some info? thank you very much.

Thank you.

It was indeed Chin Motorsports and I can't say enough good about them. You get so much track time with Chin, you pay a bit more but worth every penny. I did a track weekend with NASA at Road Atlanta last week and although Road Atlanta was amazing and probably my favorite track now, the track time from NASA didn't cut it for me. A lot of hurry up and wait type things going on. Whereas at Chin, I was exhausted and felt like it was almost more track time than I can handle - 4 (20 min) sessions AND a full 1 hour session at the end of the day....you will be exhausted.

1 full day on Sebring with instructor came out to 400USD. Best 400 bucks I spent.

Gents get your Boss 302's out on the track in New Orleans this Friday. The Roster is looking good http://www.motorsportreg.com/index....9F246-A91C-3381-8FD1BB61BED5E69A#.U6sXd_ldWPP

Para81

Established Member
Looks good, nice shots! How did the car perform? Any over heating or brake fade?

Thank you. The car is 100% stock (except MGW Shifter) and performed like a champ. No brake fade, no over heating. I did a 2 day event at Road Atlanta last weekend and then drove it home to Florida 6 hours right after.

Another thing I noticed is virtually everyone loves seeing them out there. Instructors especially, you'll find they either own one or are planning on owning one haha. Big respect all around. And at tracks like Sebring be prepared to line up next to plenty of Ferrari 458's and Mclaren etc.

Voltwings

Established Member
are you talking about MSR? if so it is 2.38 mile course.

No, i'm familiar with MSR but didnt recognize the name on the paperwork. For the life of my i'm drawing a blank right now and cant remember though. I'll dig out the paperwork when i get home and see what its called.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Awesome "action" shots.

+1 in NOLA. it is a very nice track, all flat though so corners are more technical. Good long straight as well.

MSR is good. That is the one I visit often.

Volt let me know when you go to grandsport. It's only about 15 miles from my house. Small track though!

Users who are viewing this thread