Boss 302 vs. M5

bretlasalle

Established Member
Hey all - great thread...

I really don't go after too many cars on the road, but this guy was asking for it! Pardon the long post...

I have a 2013 stock Boss 302 - I saw a brand new white BMW M5 still without license plates(so guessing zero mods) that tried to get at me. We were coming opposite ways on a two lane road both heading for the on ramp entrance. He was much further away and really punched it to get near me. I was going 35 entering the on ramp he must have been going 60 to enter the same time as me. The first 1500 feet or so is two lanes that merge to one to enter the freeway. We were both going sub 20mph to start the entrance - anyway, he is in front of me and I see his car lower and see some exhaust and I hit it hard! I was on him like you can't believe and was perfectly suited(from an RPM perspective) to hit 4th and pull away. I had zero time to see if we were entering on a cop free highway or not so decided to let off. Guessing he had it in the wrong setting as I'm pretty confident his car would pull on me - but super happy nonetheless. The best part of the story is that yesterday I went to BMW to look for a daily driver manual 550 and see a 2005 blue Saleen Mustang for sale - turns out the guy who turned the Saleen Mustang also turned in a black Audi RS6 and got the a new white M5! My sales guy at Concord, Ca. BMW is named Koorosh, I live in Alamo California - any chance the driver is on this forum??? If so, thanks for helping my ego! Nice car selections!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Great run! Yup, im sure he didn't have it in M mode. Regardless it was a kill for you and a loss for him. Don't understand why he would race already on a brand new car thats not broken in.

kaz109

Established Member
Love the Boss 302 and hate the new F10 M5.....Great kill!!!!!!! whether he was in M mode or not a win is a win!

Baysixx

Established Member
OP have u ever driven in Danville recently? My car is in my sig and I may have seen u around a few times

bretlasalle

Established Member
OP have u ever driven in Danville recently? My car is in my sig and I may have seen u around a few times

Yes - drive this thing around everywhere. Are you that Blue Beast I see driving around? That is one hell of a mustang brother - seriously - best I've seen in the bay.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
OK man time to quiz u and see if u have learned more outside of just ford and Chevy....how much power does the new M5 make?

Hahaha why you puttin me on the spot though homie. A simple google search will tell me 560hp to the crank which is like 480ish to the wheels. I may like the looks of other brands but nothing can get me going like knowing what an american V8 and rwd will do. That may not be YOUR spice of life but it sure is mine. Either way again nice kill OP. Gotta love that roadrunner.

kaz109

Established Member
Hahaha why you puttin me on the spot though homie. A simple google search will tell me 560hp to the crank which is like 480ish to the wheels. I may like the looks of other brands but nothing can get me going like knowing what an american V8 and rwd will do. That may not be YOUR spice of life but it sure is mine. Either way again nice kill OP. Gotta love that roadrunner.

Hahahahaha...just ****in with ya big Homie! I'm just tryin to keep u sharp :D

NA_Cobra

Established Member

F10 M5s are dynoing 530ish whp...

kaz109

Established Member

Of course no thread is complete without the euro car know it all posting lol....is this just like you saying a E63 won't gain more than 10-15whp from a tune? :bash:

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member

So lemme get this straight, a 4200ish lb sedan with 560 crank hp is dynoing 530rwhp stock through an automatic? Ok im going to youtube now because im not believing that

Edit #1- they offer a 6sp manual this time around as I just found out.

Ok.......Edit#2- Looks like you were right sir 534rwhp from a stock M5. Looks like they underrated it, so it's more like a 590 crank hp :shrug:

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
So lemme get this straight, a 4200ish lb sedan with 560 crank hp is dynoing 530rwhp stock through an automatic? Ok im going to youtube now because im not believing that

Edit #1- they offer a 6sp manual this time around as I just found out.

Ok.......Edit#2- Looks like you were right sir 534rwhp from a stock M5. Looks like they underrated it, so it's more like a 590 crank hp :shrug:

M5/M6 has always been offered in a 6sp manual trans.......also I have seen more dyno in the mid 400's then the couple that have been 500's

Users who are viewing this thread