Boss 330 ?

99flblackcobra

slow cobra
Established Member
I seen in the new fast fords mag that they build the fastest 3 cars in the quad cam challenge. Has anyone had them do work on there motor? They built a 5.5L with 538RWHP N/A . Does anyone know if they work on street cars or jsut drag cars?

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I'm glad someone asked because I as wondering myself, and I think he posts alot over on Corral.

Venomous281

Texas Bandit
Established Member
Yea i just bought the new MM&FF mag, his work looks good but i would rather build my motor myself then buy a shortblock. I have an extra 5.4 out a lightning laying around so if i really wanted to build a 5.5 mod motor. And as far as smog goes it can kiss my A$$.

2JZFAN

Established Member
Boss330 is Al Pappitto. He builds some of the best mod motors in the country and he's accessible. His motors make more power and are more reliable then all the other hands down. Don't take my word for it, ask Jake Lamotta, Bob Cosby, or Bart Tobener to name a few.. they'll tell ya. :beer:

Al has a great understanding of the mod motor, his prices are fair, and his work is top notch.. people have been finding out about him more and more over the last few years... it's not a fluke the top 3 were Boss330 built cars.

ps - I was lucky enough to have Bart get me in with Al and have my motor back in no time. When I go single and start boosting I know I've got a solid bottom end.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I really want him to build my motor. I am moving to Tampa in Jan/Feb and shortly thereafter i want to get in touch with his shop

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Venomous281 said:
Yea i just bought the new MM&FF mag, his work looks good but i would rather build my motor myself then buy a shortblock. I have an extra 5.4 out a lightning laying around so if i really wanted to build a 5.5 mod motor. And as far as smog goes it can kiss my A$$.

FYI Al's 5.5 motor is all aluminum, not a iron block like your lightning block...and i believe he has R heads...kind of hard to come by these days...

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Al does use the Ford GT block and heads. '00 r heads and GT heads are the same, so they are for sale now through Ford. The block and heads are far from cheap though. Especially considering you have to run a dry sump system with the block.

Al does post alot on corral. You could easily get in contact with him there.

Users who are viewing this thread