Boss Foglamp Delete Screened Insert

El Jeffe

Established Member
Been wanting to run my Boss without the Foglamp block offs to see if it makes any power difference, but read some articles that guys that had complained they sucked a boat load of bugs into their radiators on trips, and since it appears the cold air intake is directly behind the drivers side lamp hole that might not be good.
I've been looking to see if vendor has made a screened insert that would fit in the foglamp delete openings and pop in to the same mechanism that holds the stock solid block off plates but to date NO LUCK!
Anyone run across any somewhere?
I have seen guys say they took gutter guard plastic screen and screwed them in but not looking to do THAT.....really prefer a custom made screen and bezel that would fit right into the existing opening.:idea:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
My covers have been off for a year with no bug issues.... They literally take 10 seconds to put on and off. Why not just put them on during highway use and off the rest of the time if you are concerned.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
My covers have been off for a year with no bug issues.... They literally take 10 seconds to put on and off. Why not just put them on during highway use and off the rest of the time if you are concerned.

What he said. No issues with bugs or leaves making it easy in there. I've seen a couple boss mustangs run with a screen though. It's more of an appearance mod

Kevin R

Established Member
I am looking for same thing. Just don't feel like spending $400.00 for a 302S grille.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
I need to take them off before the track event that's within 2 weeks.
I'm guessing, I have to remove the radiator cover and unscrew the inserts from the back of the grill?

El Jeffe

Established Member
They just pop out by using a flathead screw driver in the small detent at the bottom of each cover. But mark them on the back R & L as they are cut specifically for one side or the other.... Not interchangeable although they look like they are

El Jeffe

Established Member
U might be right .... Mine is a 2013
Didn't think about the 2012s have totally diff grill....sorry!

F.D.Sako

Established Member
2012 fog lamp inserts aren't removable. you have to cut them off, or go with a different grill.

Users who are viewing this thread