Boss intake with a plate kit

mkrantz1106

Established Member
Is it worth going to a boss intake with a plate kit on a pickup? I have a stock intake now was thinking about a boss intake before but didn't want to kiss my low end torque but now with the spray I think that should make u for it any thoughts?

NitrousExpress

Established Member
I would shoot for about 2750. Its hard on the bottom end parts doing low RPM nitrous pulls. We normally recommend 3,000 rpms as a minimum. If the truck has a stall, its not as big of an issue.

-Garrett

mkrantz1106

Established Member
I would shoot for about 2750. Its hard on the bottom end parts doing low RPM nitrous pulls. We normally recommend 3,000 rpms as a minimum. If the truck has a stall, its not as big of an issue.

-Garrett

This maybe a dumb question but I just don't know so ill ask does pulling timing help when trying to spray it lower or does it not really make a difference? I plan on getting a converter next year but don't have one yet thanks

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
You need RPM otherwise it will bog down and that is when a nitrous backfire will happen. On an automatic, 1500rpm launch is fine on a stock converter as it will not bog down unless you let off then hit the gas. With a converter you can raise it higher to as you please.

mkrantz1106

Established Member
You need RPM otherwise it will bog down and that is when a nitrous backfire will happen. On an automatic, 1500rpm launch is fine on a stock converter as it will not bog down unless you let off then hit the gas. With a converter you can raise it higher to as you please.

So do you feel it would be safe to have my nitrous come on at 2500 with a stock converter and loading it up to about 1900 on the line then floor it? I'm really trying to get my 60' down also thinking about putting some 100 oct. Gas in it just to be safe thanks guys in new to the nitrous seen so im just trying to learn as much as possible any advice is great

mkrantz1106

Established Member
What is you alls opinion on using a boss intake with a converter with nitrous would it be a noticeable difference?

mkrantz1106

Established Member
04278C83-E0E2-449D-BCE0-E500E4B0530A.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread