gt5.0coyote

Established Member
hey guys I have a 2012 5.0 with pypes longtubes, off road x pipe. I just installed the magnaflow competition catback, boss intake, and the jlt cai all at once and I tied it off with a bama 93race tune. the car didnt have the power it had in the low end and somewhat even the upper end. with the stock intake manifold I spun through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. with the boss intake I didn't even spin through 1st. thought I might loose 5-10-rwhp, but not this much. Any help is good thanks!

Last edited:

imeyers302

Established Member
hey guys I have a 2012 5.0 with pypes longtubes, off road x pipe. I just installed the magnaflow competition catback, boss intake, and the jlt cai all at once and I tied it off with a bama 93race tune. the car didnt have the power it had in the low end and somewhat even the upper end. with the stock intake manifold I spun through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. with the boss intake I didn't even spin through 1st. thought I might loose 5-10-rwhp, but not this much. Any help is good thanks!

My car came from dealer with Steeda cai, boss manifold and Steeda tune. As soon as the tach gets near 4000 the car will spin the tires easily in first and through second and a little into third with a good shift. Never drove a stock one except a 2013 boss to compare but after 4,000 she's a beast. You gotta be willing to rev it with the boss manifold. If not then its a waste.

4VFTW

Established Member
whatever the problem is it is not the Boss IM. assuming everything is mechanically sound , sounds like a tuning issue

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
whatever the problem is it is not the Boss IM. assuming everything is mechanically sound , sounds like a tuning issue

yeah everythings mechanically right. should I just call bama back and ask for a new tune? when you put it on did you notice a big loss in power? thanks for th
e reply

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Should be set to 7600-7800 for boss im. You sure that tune is not for the stock manifold? Would explain things.[/QUOTE

just about 100 sure that the tune is correct because I asked for the trans pressure increased and it was. hat was the only good thing out of it fore it was lagging.

Famine

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread