Boss LS at Petit LeMans?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Anyone here have take their silver/red Laguna Seca to Petit LeMans this past weekend? Saw it parked in the grass and dust while walking around near turn 10. I also saw a black one at a hotel in Baltimore at the Grand Prix.

photobucket-3532-1317696170419.jpg

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Unless there was more than one silver LS there, it belongs to my friend Mark.
That car was bought for MSRP and is in Alabama.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Should be easy to tell by the giant splitter on the front :) But that's the only Boss I saw in the entire place, so pretty rare. There were far more ZR1's there haha.

adam81

Established Member
I am glad you guys like the car..... It is mine! I was up there with Mark Wilson from Ford Racing for the World Challenge race on Friday. What a time that was!!!! The rest of the time I was with my buddies from TopSpeed Motorsports (the guys that won the One Lap of America two years in a row). The whole weekend was a blast! Whoever was there and saw the car should have headed right across to the RVs there at turn 10. We had BBQ and beer all day long!

Mikes5.0

Established Member
^^ Maybe next year we should setup a Mustang parking area. I was there for the world challenge race as well and got to see a good friend, Eric Foss win the race.

adam81

Established Member
Funny you mention that. I was with the owner of the team and Mark W up at spectator hill watching the race. After they won we went down to the winners circle to celebrate. It was really cool and Mark W made it all possible.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Sounds like a blast.

Mark is a good guy. Ford and us enthusiasts are fortunate to have him in the position he is in.

My local dealer had a black and a different dealer had a silver LS. I gotta say, pics don't do the silver justice. I much prefer it over the black.

Tom

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Adam,

It's actually YOU that made it happen as there is no way we could have made it all the way out to turn 5/6 without your golf cart and if we were able to make it all the way out there we would have NEVER made it back for victory circle! So thank you!

If you guys ever want to have a Mustang corral at any of the World Challenge races let me know and I'll help coordinate it with the series.

Eric drove a great race and Mustangs finished 1,2,3. Lesser known fact is that with Erics great drive and issues with the Cunninghams and Croslands cars allowed Foss to go from 4th to 2nd in the year end championship! Great way to end the season!!

adam81

Established Member
Adam,

It's actually YOU that made it happen as there is no way we could have made it all the way out to turn 5/6 without your golf cart and if we were able to make it all the way out there we would have NEVER made it back for victory circle! So thank you!

If you guys ever want to have a Mustang corral at any of the World Challenge races let me know and I'll help coordinate it with the series.

Eric drove a great race and Mustangs finished 1,2,3. Lesser known fact is that with Erics great drive and issues with the Cunninghams and Croslands cars allowed Foss to go from 4th to 2nd in the year end championship! Great way to end the season!!

Well that is true..... I guess you owe me then! JK. We can call it even after I give you a call. I have a few questions and may need some parts.....

For those of you that haven't been to a WC event and have one nearby......GO! Get a pit pass. The teams are all very accommodating and you can really get in close to see the cars, drivers, equipment, etc.

It is very neat and I can't wait for next season...

Mikes5.0

Established Member
Anyone know if they are going to add any races in the south east for next year? I only made it to one of the WC races but did go to the Grand am races at Barber,VIR, Daytona, and Miami.

Last edited:

S197 in SC

Established Member
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
I realize this its an OLD thread, but has anyone thought any more about having a Mustang Corral this year? I'd love to have an area to park my Mustang for PLM this year. It would be great meeting youall.in person, and hanging out.

Anyone else interested?

Users who are viewing this thread