Boss Porting Question

Defiant 5.0

Established Member
In the process of porting the runners on my Boss intake. Question is, is removing the fins in the throttle body inlet worth it, or even a good idea? Thank you in advance.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I had Drew remove the fins and enlarge the inlet for a larger TB. You have to make your own gasket, but there's no down side to removing the fins in my case. They're only there to quiet the airflow, but mine sounds no different than stock.

316GT5.0

Established Member
Is there any benefit to removing the fins with a stock throttle body? I haven't bolted my throttle body up to it yet so I don't know if there is a step from it to the manifold or not.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I have the stock TB currently, and I would say there's no significant advantage to doing it on that. I did it in preparation for the Accufab because there's a tiny lip that shrouds the larger TB. I figured that every little bit would help since I was getting it ported anyway.

Cleaning up or "porting" the runners has been shown to give about 5-10whp throughout, regardless of what TB you have.

Last edited:

BadHabit2Break

Established Member
I had it done to mine by 01Bluesnake. It looks very good and even had the TB fins removed. I do get a slight whistle every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread