Boss/Shelby Recaro's

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, is there any word out there as to when/if these will be available as a set for us 5.0 guys. I'd like to get the shelby leather recaro's for my car.

Any info on them?

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Those and the alcantra(sp?) steering wheel from the boss will be my first and final interior modifications.

delvin.a

Established Member
thats great and all butif they dont hug me or adjust like the 03/04 seats then my interest is gone :(

Those '03-'04 ain't got ship on a Recaro. The Recaro has a patented recline mechanism that allows for mm adjustments and a manual up/down crank for the base very nice seats. I bet they'll hold up better than the '03-'04 seat as Recaro's quality is second to none.

delvin.a

Established Member
^ I have a friend that seems like you, he's had a number of Recaro equipped cars and he always wanted the less restrictive seats. To each his own cheers :beer:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I'm curious how the airbag situation will work. I really wanna swap out to the Ford Racing version of these seats when I can find some available... I wonder if they come with airbags or the bags in my factory seats can be swapped.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
thats great and all butif they dont hug me or adjust like the 03/04 seats then my interest is gone :(

The 03/04 seats are tighter around you. Quality is better in the Recaros and do a great job of supporting and holding you during cornering maneuvers. They are easier to live with on the daily driver. They are a little stiff in seat bottom but not all that noticeable. I really like the 03/04 but honestly I like the new Recaros more

Eatonualive281

Established Member
i HATE my cobra seats...they dont sit me low enough in the car and hurt my back after a while. it makes me feel like im driving a truck lol

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Jeff you haven't driven that thing since Nam anyways, so shut it :lol:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
^ I have a friend that seems like you, he's had a number of Recaro equipped cars and he always wanted the less restrictive seats. To each his own cheers :beer:

i think they are good for 100 pund girls lol. they are to tight for big guys.

Users who are viewing this thread