Boss Track key an option for 2011 gt's?

kevinp

Established Member
Since 2011+ GTs have the 'my key' gizmo the PCM is capable of using two different keys. I'm sure the hardware is there but there is no factory coding for it, would be pretty cool though to have an 87 octane key and a balls out 93 octane key.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Since 2011+ GTs have the 'my key' gizmo the PCM is capable of using two different keys. I'm sure the hardware is there but there is no factory coding for it, would be pretty cool though to have an 87 octane key and a balls out 93 octane key.

Why when the PCM already adjust the tune/timing automatically for the different octane fuels via the knock sensors?

kevinp

Established Member
Why when the PCM already adjust the tune/timing automatically for the different octane fuels via the knock sensors?

I was thinking more of an aftermarket tune, especially an auto car with different shift shift firmness and shift points. I prefer not to detonate my way down to 87 octane tune, especially if I'm at the track and I get some false knock.

Not to mention you could have a nitrous key, a gas mileage key - lots of possibilities.

If you think thats silly, then buying a detuned Boss 302 and buying the 'track' key is equally as silly :)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Probably blow the hell up the first time you ran it up to the RED KEY rev limit.

Are you not aware of the hardware differences between the BOSS and the 5.0 GT?
Plus the cams are pretty different so all the cam timing and overlap tricks probably would not be working that well on the regular 5.0

I'm thinking even if it's do-able it would be a really bad idea and you would be better off with a knowledgeable well known aftermarket tuner doing a 5.0 GT performance tune to optimize your specific mods list.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Probably blow the hell up the first time you ran it up to the RED KEY rev limit.

Are you not aware of the hardware differences between the BOSS and the 5.0 GT?
Plus the cams are pretty different so all the cam timing and overlap tricks probably would not be working that well on the regular 5.0

I'm thinking even if it's do-able it would be a really bad idea and you would be better off with a knowledgeable well known aftermarket tuner doing a 5.0 GT performance tune to optimize your specific mods list.

I wonder when or even if a BOSS crate motor will be available.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The key only unlocks a second tune that has to be programmed in when you purchase the red key option after/during the sale at the dealer, assuming the car is built and there to program.

It's just like an aftermarket flash tuner except it's factory, it also does suspension and traction control stuff, and it does not void your warranty.

That is my understanding at this time.

I would not expect this to be available on GTs, too much stuff is different.

rpmr6

Established Member
Any one know what exactly the "Launch control" feature will be ? or if it is going to be on the Boss

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Any one know what exactly the "Launch control" feature will be ? or if it is going to be on the Boss

Isn't Launch control somewhat similar to a 2 step? Yes, the this function is one of the feautures of the red key.

Users who are viewing this thread