Boss302 vs. Evo X MR

rosem32

Established Member
I had a night run in with a Evo X MR, it took place in Mexico on a very nice clean road which I thought was strange. The EVO had exterior mods and exhaust from what I could see when I pulled up to the light. After I pulled up, I did a quick glance over and saw him smiling but he wouldn't look over. He was messing around with some switches and then started to bring his RPM's up. I turned on my launch control which is set at 3K rpms (perfect for the 295's out back).

Anyway, the light turned green and we both took off at the same time. I was incredibly surprised that he was half a car back from the launch and he kept falling back. I only took it up to 90 due to the next red light coming up. When I let off, he flew by which gave me a chuckle as I think he was trying to catch the next light turning green.

Well I pulled up to the light #2 where he was sitting and still staring forward. I tried to say nice job but he wouldn't look over so I just prepared for another launch. Light turns green and I got a little squirrely launching but still pulled him again.

Mods are in the sig but I have also been running 128oz of Torco Accelerator in a full tank of gas as well. My BOSS loves it, performance is improved and the Trackey lopey idle is 5x over regular 92 fuel.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Good kill, I just got 295 MPSS tires for the back as well. I'm at the cross roads of modding more and just leaving the car stock.... maybe another 10k in power mods and I should be ok? lol

Have you taken your car to a dyno? Curious to know what it puts down.

rosem32

Established Member
I haven't yet put it on a dyno yet. I will soon, but I want to have my CF drive shaft installed first, so I have a true baseline before FI.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Were you at the car show in Bellevue earlier this summer? There was one that looked like yours, very clean car! Mine wasn't in it, just parked it off to the side and walked around this time

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
AWD isnt the end-all-be-all of launching like most make it out to be. A good set of tires out back and launch control (or driver mod) and you can usually match or better most AWD launches from amateurs that rely on it to make up for lack of driver mod.

Users who are viewing this thread