Bottoming out.

ScottsMach03

Established Member
How often do ya'll Bottom out. I hate it when i do it. I try to "pimp the dip" everytime. I bottomed out today pretty good. When i do bottom out i go home and put the jacks under the car to take a look at the midpipe. Last time i bottomed out my midpipe shifted and it started to leak on the driver side flange where it connects to the exhaust manifold. I had to take it to a muffler shop to have it fixed. Im anal about it. I dont let my wife drive it for this reason. Anyone else run into these same problems.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Snake Pliskin said:
I never do that . Were you hauling total a$$?

Same here.

I do know that if I ever let my gf drive my car, I would have NO chin spoiler left.

I hit my midpipe once, crawling out of a parking lot that had a breakover angle that I just couldn't avoid. Ever-so-barely hit the flanges of the midpipe but not enough to leave any marks.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I bottom out on my stock rideheight 99 at universals citywalk parking garages all the time.

When it transitions to ramps. They are horrible.

crystalwhitesvt

whitesnake
Established Member
I know what you mean, my garage is on an incline with a lip between the garage floor and cement exiting the garage. I have to back out at an angle, which wouldn't be problem if my wife's Expedition didn't take up so much room. I have the car at just the stance I want it, but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it?

99gtstinger

Established Member
yeah i hit everything and its mother every day of the week..on dips in the road, speed bumps, driveways, parking garage ramps, potholes (have a pissload here in detroit) and you name it anything and everything else..total bitch but you gotta pay to play...

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
I hate when i bottom out my car. Pisses me off. I have Longtubes, before i got the lontubes everyone says "I wouldn't recommend LT's and lowering your car" Its the mid-pipe that gets you every time, not the longtubes. Good thing my midpipe is the cheapest part of my exhuast. I have only bottomed out twice so far, in my buddies driveway that has a decent lip, and at some dump car wash.

tankerman1981

Established Member
yeah i bottom out every now and then but I'm more careful since i lowered mine and added the new midpipe.... I worry all the time about it sooo I'm always on the lookout for anything that would cause me to hit...

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I don't bottom out but I have hit my headers on a speed bump once or twice, it sucks, I let a few choice words out, and take a different route every other time.

I want to lower it to give it a better look and help with the wheel hop but that ain't going to happen with these LT's.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
theres a few speedbumps i have to be careful on on the downward slope as to not let my suspension travel too much or else i end up placing the tranny (or what feels like it) onto the peak!

coming out of alot of parking lots i have to go at 45* angles and really slow. i have ones i know to avoid entirely or risk crushing the front spoiler. youd think that the state with the most traffic and roadway budget would at least know how to make level entrance/exit areas for parking lots and such. its pathetic, sometimes i wonder if theres someone or an agency that has to measure and approve of some road conditions before opening them to the public, id love to be the guy that gets to test new areas and deem them worthy or not, be like "well such and such construction (IE Caltrans) this ramp does not meet specifications, i bottomed out this here stock ride height minivan thusly deem it unworthy for public use!". that position would be awesome. then theres entire spans of road i would deem unworthy, sometimes they are so shitty i wonder why they even tried to make a street there, it would probably be better off being dirt!

Users who are viewing this thread