Bought 60#'ers, but did I get 80's?

95_XB331

Established Member
Bought some siemen deka 60# injectors (all black) and changing only the values in my tuner using the specs from the Ford website, my car runs an AFR of 12:1 in closed loop. Using an 90mm LMAF with a MAFia. My tune was originally for 42# injs. and I thought I just need to change the tune with the spec sheet values. Just changing those injector values is what I did going from 30's to 42's, so puzzled why it didn't work for 60's.

Since I could not get AFR to go higher changing other values (and reverted) I tried the 80# specs. With those values, AFR bounced between 14.6:1 to 15.7:1, idles well...about normal! Now I'm wondering, did the vendor sent me 80# injectors? Is there a way I can check? Doing a search, I see pics on 80s with and without a blue stripe. I don't have a blue stripe around mine.

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
All 80's have a blue stripe. So if there's no blue stripe they're not 80's. Hope that helps.

95_XB331

Established Member
Thanks... Must be a tuning variable I missed. I'm puzzled, I thought all I need to change in my tune were the slopes, breakpoint, pulse width, crank and start fuel tables. It starts cold fine, but runs too rich in closed loop with the 60# settings.

Last edited:

SVT GI

Established Member
Go back and load your injector and MAF from the base. Load the new 60's and then the MAF again. Always load MAF last. Since you already had a file built, you were technically loading the injectors last which will re-scale everything.

Users who are viewing this thread