Bought a 98 Cobra...Check it out!

MuskRat

Established Member
After 6+ years in the 5.0 camp (sold my 94GT :( ), I picked up a White 98 Cobra with Black leather interior...a combo I've always wanted for some reason. The 4V motors always intrigued me, and now I have a chance to see what they can do for myself.

The car came with a little surprise too, which I"ll get to...here is the info and mods:

75,000 miles
BBK Longtubes
BBK Offroad X-pipe
Flowmasters (dumped)
Pullies
CAI
Steeda Tri-Ax
Autologic Chip
4.56 gears!!!

The last one was the surprise. The guy I bought it from knew absolutely nothing about mustangs. He was the 4th or 5th owner and had it for only about 18 months. I was leary about grabbing a car that I couldn't trace the history of, but it checked out fine from all my angles and drove nice. I got a pretty good deal on it ($7800), especially considering it came with two sets of wheels and tires. The car is rolling on chrome 18" rims that are pretty nice, and the guy also had the original set of 98 SVT wheels with decent rubber on them. I"m probably going to sell both sets and put the money towards a nice wheel package for myself.

The car has a few rough spots on the interior, but the exterior and the paint are absolutley immaculate. After closer inspection, I think its been repainted, but I can't find any hint of wreck or anything shady...the CarFax was clean too.

My old 94GT was a stout H/C/I that ran mid 12's at 110mph+. This car feels slower than that due to a lot less torque, but the 4.56 gears sure do wrap up fast and make it fun.

My immediate plans are to clean it up and get a SpeedCal on it (speedo is WAYYY off), put some good shocks/struts and lowering springs on it (its on stock suspenison - yuck), and then down the road, slap a S-trim on it and be done with it. I'll have to downgrade gears I'm sure when I do that, but for now they are fun.

I'm sure I'll be on here quite a bit.

zerokube

Captain Happy Pants
Established Member
congrats, and what was done to your gt that would make this alot less torque? post some pics. ps White is the best color but hardest to keep clean.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet, sounds like you got a great deal. Welcome to the site.
Now post some pics, byotch.

Zero, the 5.0 in his old Gt has a lot more torque in the lower rpm's than our 4Vs

MuskRat

Established Member
zerokube said:
congrats, and what was done to your gt that would make this alot less torque? post some pics. ps White is the best color but hardest to keep clean.

My GT had AFR 165's (ported), Custom Cam, Longtubes...and every other 5.0 bolt-on known to man. It made 334rwtq peak @ 4000rpm and was over 300rwtq from 2800rpm to 5400rpm...trust me, you FELT that torque. For a 3300lb five-liter SN95 with the stock 302 internals, it was one of the quicker 94-95 naturally aspirated coupes that I had seen, and I've been a member of the Corral and Stangnet for over 6 years.

By the way, I have to disagree with you, I"ve had white cars before and while they do show dirt, they are much easier to keep clean than a Black car.

Pics are coming...all I have are the old pics the seller sent me, which I might post here just for the timebeing.

MuskRat

Established Member
These are the best I have for now...better ones to come:

100_0363.sized.jpg

100_0373.sized.jpg

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
nice ride, and def a good price! sell the sets of rims and get a set of blk bullets. 18iinch in back deep dished and 17 in the front....that car would look AMAZING!

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
wow, very nice. Now all you need is to get her lowered. Still has the nice 4x4 look :)

BTW, those wheels look pretty nice. I say keep em, Do you know what size they are? 18x? and 18X?

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
looks good..just dont really like the wheels.

Yea it has saleen side skirts as well

Users who are viewing this thread