Bought a blower. Should I upgrade my already-upgraded pump/injectors?

zpstang96

Established Member
Hi guys, I recently bought a used p1sc kit with a 3 core intercooler. My GT has a forged and stroked teksid with slightly worked B heads. I made 310/304 on a Mustang Dyno with 39lb injectors and a Walbro 255 pump.

It's looking like the kit will make about 8-9psi with the stroker. Should I just upgrade to 60lb injectors and a 340 pump? My budget isn't too great but I could probably swing it. I'll be installing the kit in a few weeks when I'm home for spring break and will be getting it retuned.

Thanks in advance.

Zach

ZeroDCX

Established Member
What goals do you have in mind? With 8-10 psi your 39lb injectors and 255LPH fuel pump would be sufficient with a little room to spare. You would max out those injectors before maxing the fuel pump though. If you're looking for big power then you'd have to upgrade your current setup to your specified above parts.

zpstang96

Established Member
What goals do you have in mind? With 8-10 psi your 39lb injectors and 255LPH fuel pump would be sufficient with a little room to spare. You would max out those injectors before maxing the fuel pump though. If you're looking for big power then you'd have to upgrade your current setup to your specified above parts.

I'd be very happy with 450hp on the mustang dyno, as I'm still trying to keep the car somewhat low-key at the moment, but I've been told that more is possible. From what I've read, if I was making 500 wheel on a mustang dyno my pump/injectors would just about be at their limit

SVTPete83

Established Member
I made 480 on a 255 and 42s. The bigger the injector the less hard the pump has to work. I would prob upgrade my injector and see if it's enough. Sounds like your motor runs strong. I am better with 9psi you'll be 475+

cbrown9064

Established Member
I would upgrade to 60s. There are a few sets for sale in the marketplace. A bigger MAF would make life easier also.

Last edited:

zpstang96

Established Member
You'll need a biggest Maf if you don't have one.. I have a 04 Cobra stock maf for sale that should get you to the 450rwhp range easily enough.. I'm asking $50 shipped if you're interested. :)

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1058316-Stock-03-04-Cobra-MAF

Thanks! I forgot to mention that the kit came with a 90mm Lightning maf, which I think will be enough :beer:

I made 480 on a 255 and 42s. The bigger the injector the less hard the pump has to work. I would prob upgrade my injector and see if it's enough. Sounds like your motor runs strong. I am better with 9psi you'll be 475+

Hmmm. I do have a set of 42s laying around. Will they be that much different than the 39s? I just assumed at that point it wouldn't really matter and if I couldn't run the 39s I'd go right to 60s

I would upgrade to 60s. There are a few sets for sale in the marketplace. A bigger MAF would make life easier also.

So with 60s the 255 pump will be fine? How much power is your combo making? I see you have 60s and a 255

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Considering you already have a LMAF, if you want 450rwhp your current setup will get you there. But I'd be willing to bet you'd want more after having a taste of boost. So if you can swing 60LB injectors, that's one less thing you have to worry about maxing out.

I wouldn't purchase 42's over 39's. Just go for the 60's if your heart is set on upgrading your current injectors and sell your 39's to recoup the money spent.

zpstang96

Established Member
Considering you already have a LMAF, if you want 450rwhp your current setup will get you there. But I'd be willing to bet you'd want more after having a taste of boost. So if you can swing 60LB injectors, that's one less thing you have to worry about maxing out.

I wouldn't purchase 42's over 39's. Just go for the 60's if your heart is set on upgrading your current injectors and sell your 39's to recoup the money spent.

Thanks, I'm leaning towards selling the 39s and 42s then. I'll go with 60s and see how much she can make!

cbrown9064

Established Member
So with 60s the 255 pump will be fine? How much power is your combo making? I see you have 60s and a 255

I am in the final stages of the build now. My plan is only for ~400 on a Mustang dyno. I want it to last. My research says the 255 shpuld be good for closer to 500. But after that a T Rex, or dual pumps, Terminator style, etc...may be needed. But at that point I would need a different clutch, possibly trans, etc...etc...

Last edited:

LDC2335

Established Member
I'm on 8-9 psi intercooled and 255 and 03 cobra ev6 injectors are working fine for me. If you already have the bottom end built, I'd shoot for 450-500rwhp. I'd also go blow thru with a slot style maf.

zpstang96

Established Member
I am in the final stages of the build now. My plan is only for ~400 on a Mustang dyno. I want it to last. My research says the 255 shpuld be good for closer to 500. But after that a T Rex, or dual pumps, Terminator style, etc...may be needed. But at that point I would need a different clutch, possibly trans, etc...etc...

I hear ya man. Right now my little t45 is the only thing holding me back (besides the injectors and fuel pump of course). Saving up for an upgrade in the future.

I'm on 8-9 psi intercooled and 255 and 03 cobra ev6 injectors are working fine for me. If you already have the bottom end built, I'd shoot for 450-500rwhp. I'd also go blow thru with a slot style maf.

Bottom end is built and I would love to make 500 but I'm trying to stay humble and shoot for 450, especially with the stock trans. And yeah I'm planning on going slot-style in the future for sure. Budget is kind of tight at the moment so I'm gonna run the Lightning maf as a blow-through for now. Hoping that things will go smoothly. Right now my biggest debate is whether to just slap the blower on and see how much it makes with the 39s or just go right to 60s.

LDC2335

Established Member
I think your lightning maf will reach its limits before the injectors, unless your using a mafia. At 12-15rwhp per psi average, 8-9 psi will get you around 450 or so . May wanna try a smaller pulley if you wanna go for more. I'd cruise the terminator forums and see what kind of numbers they are getting with stock injectors. 450 is about the limit on a stock t45 from what I hear. Im having one built by t45 source right now, should have it in about two weeks!

Last edited:

zpstang96

Established Member
I think your lightning maf will reach its limits before the injectors, unless your using a mafia. At 12-15rwhp per psi average, 8-9 psi will get you around 450 or so . May wanna try a smaller pulley if you wanna go for more. I'd cruise the terminator forums and see what kind of numbers they are getting with stock injectors. 450 is about the limit on a stock t45 from what I hear. Im having one built by t45 source right now, should have it in about two weeks!

Nice! I'd actually like to stay around 8-9psi for now. I figured it would be the right amount to start with since I've never regularly driven a supercharged car before and the existing parts on the car will survive with that amount of boost/hp. Going step by step with this ole girl. Bought it the day after I turned 16 and have had it for almost 6 years now so I'm used to slow but sure progress :)

Users who are viewing this thread