Bought a lightning. Where should I start?

cheetohead04

Established Member
Well I'm new to the forum guys. Not new to lightnings but this is my first one. Not gonna ask a bunch of noob questions but anyways I'm buying a 2000 oxford white lightning Monday. Has 100k miles and is stock except bassani catback , a 2# upper , and a tune. Wa wondering what you guys recommend I do first. I was gonna change the oil/filter, put some tr6s in it, and order a jlp tune. I know tunes are essential for these trucks. Probably ditch the 2# upper and get a stock pulley . Want it to last as long as possible till I can save up for a built motor. What else do you guys recommend I do right off the bat.

Johnny1985

You can safely run a 6lb lower and stock upper or 4lb lower and that 2.76 upper for awhile. 450whp is really the end range of whats safe on stock block

Stick with a ported stock tb and plenum over a single blade or a c&l plenum.

Male sure you upgrade the maf as your stock 80mm unit ia at its end range right now as is.

99cobradave

Established Member
Get a punisher valve body. Awesome mod for a few hundred bucks, and improves the shiftiing like you wouldn't believe. Contact Paul the Punisher. He's a member here.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Where in GA are you located? Read through the FAQ page when you have time.

Find a used KB or Whipple 2.3 and bolt it on along with a good tune and you'll have TONS of fun safely.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I would just keep the upper and go 4lb lower. Good tune too. Def new plugs and change all the fluids. Just port your sc, tb and plenum. You'll make good power and be a little under the 450 mark. Get a vb too like mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread