bought some new shoes, small problem

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
had some new rear tires installed today. while the guy had the rear wheels off i noticed the bushing at the end of the top of the upper A-Arm is toast.(where it meets the knuckle)..........on both sides. Is this hard to change and where can i get these?

Last edited:

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
It sounds like you are talking about the cross axis joints. The seals can break on them pretty easily but this does not necessarily mean the joints are bad. Play in the joint is what you need to see to determine that. Maximum motorsports has a cross axis kit for this as long as it is the newer style. MM's website has information how to identif which style you have. Bruce is also selling replacement hub's too.

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
It sounds like you are talking about the cross axis joints. The seals can break on them pretty easily but this does not necessarily mean the joints are bad. Play in the joint is what you need to see to determine that. Maximum motorsports has a cross axis kit for this as long as it is the newer style. MM's website has information how to identif which style you have. Bruce is also selling replacement hub's too.

thats great but i cant get Bruce to answer any of my emails. his lack of customer service and the amazing customer service that MM offers is leaning me towards buying the MM complete kit instead of his....regardless of cost
that being said the edges of the bushings were pretty torn up but i didnt have any play at all. if this is one of the bushings that gets replace with the irs kit i wont worry about it i just wanted to make sure its not something thats going to destroy my new tires or anything else

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Bruce must be busy, I've had top notch CS from him. His product is worth giving him the benefit of the doubt as well as his fine reputation. My .02. The cross axis joints are not included in any IRS bushing kit btw.

Mr.Soup

complete modular newb
Established Member
Bruce must be busy, I've had top notch CS from him. His product is worth giving him the benefit of the doubt as well as his fine reputation. My .02. The cross axis joints are not included in any IRS bushing kit btw.

ok, i shot him an email a while back and bounced back and forth with a few different questions. i guess i shouldnt have said his "lack of customer service" just really short answers like he was to busy to answer questions. that and ive sent a few to the fulltiltboogieracing site and i get nothing from there.

ill look into weather or not mine are toast but like i said i dont have any play in mine i just didnt know what they were called. i tried looking at pictures of the IRS set up and every one i saw had the knuckle off. thanks for the help:banana:

K2AHollywood

Established Member
^I will personally vouch for Bruce's CS, helpfullness and responsiveness. If you have been waiting im sure something out of the ordinary is going on for him

Users who are viewing this thread