BP/Amaco Gas user's Get in here!

ALLNTRL

Established Member
I have used 93 octane BP/Amaco fuel for years but now ALL the BP/Amaco stations in my area are changing over to this 10% Ethanol CRAP!!! Any other BP gas stations in your area changing over to 10% Ethanol? How is this going to affect the running and performance of late model performance vehicles with high compression? This is BULLSH*T!!! F**KING oil company's, Preminum is $4.10 per gallon here and now I can't even get the gas I'm paying for without it containing this Ethanol BS!!! My Cobra, TBSS, and my ZX-9R Are NOT Ethanol friendly, and I'm NOT EITHER!!! What can we do? No stations now in my area [reguardless of fuel brand] sell pure gas that doesn't have Ethanol in it! Anyone else with this problem? :fm::cuss::cuss:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Settle down. We've been running on that stuff for years down here (mandatory) and it won't have any negative effects. My Lightning and Busa run fine.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Settle down. We've been running on that stuff for years down here (mandatory) and it won't have any negative effects. My Lightning and Busa run fine.
A friend at work has a 07 TBSS and it has dropped his gas mileage by 2.5mpg, I can tell a difference in our 06 TBSS as well. How much does the Ethanol effect the octane rating of the fuel? :read:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
i actually believe ethanol brings it up (i could be mistaken)

We've had it in PA for a while now. Cant do shit about it so i'll take it

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
A friend at work has a 07 TBSS and it has dropped his gas mileage by 2.5mpg, I can tell a difference in our 06 TBSS as well. How much does the Ethanol effect the octane rating of the fuel? :read:

You will see a slight decrease in mpg. If it says 93oct it should be 93oct regardless of the ethanol content. Ethanol itself has a very high octane rating.

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Ethenol is the mandatory stabilizer additive now. The old stabilizer (TBE) is no longer used because it has been shown to cause high rates of cancer. Ethenol does not effect the octane rating but you will see a MPG drop because ethenol does not combust as readily or totally as gasoline. The summer blends are no where near 10% in ethenol content, the winter blends on the other hand are. I'm surprised you are seeing this switch just now, AFAIK the mandate to switch to ethenol went into effect last year.

Users who are viewing this thread