Brady is toast for the season!

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Looks like he is out for the season! Pretty damn surprising to say the least.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sources: Brady out with ACL tear
By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports
57 minutes ago

Tom Brady has his leg buckled by Kansas City Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, bottom, during the first quarter.

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to a source familiar with the injury.

While New England coach Bill Belichick said in his postgame press conference that he had no update on the status of Brady’s injury, two sources indicated it involved serious damage to the knee.

“It’s bad,” a team source said. “We’re going to have to play without him.”

Brady was hurt as he stepped up in the pocket to make a throw to wideout Randy Moss. Chiefs safety Bernard Pollard, who was on the ground, lunged forward and struck Brady’s leg, which buckled as he released the ball.

Brady was helped off the field and was later led down a staircase by team officials, presumably to undergo tests.

Fourth-year quarterback Matt Cassel, who had thrown just 39 passes in his career before Sunday, replaced Brady and completed 13 of 18 passes for 152 yards and a touchdown. Cassel, who backed up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC, hasn’t been a starting quarterback since high school. He won a competition with Matt Gutierrez during the preseason to retain the job as Brady’s primary backup.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
If he's truly out I predict they won't win 9 games. I could be wrong but I suspect I'll be close.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
That's what I'm hearing. If Brady's done for the season, so are the Pats. I don't see Matt Cassell leading this team even half as well as Brady.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Without Brady the Vagina PADS opps I mean the N.E PATS will fail

Jarhead46

Established Member
I think we can still beat the weaker-average teams in the league but wont stand a chance against any of the better teams

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
you know, i would actually LOVE to see the pats do awesome this season, just so brady could be replaced like bledsoe was.

nah, i would still rather see them lose.

If only someone would take Obama out for the season.
LMAO, that was pretty good. you know, the KKK is only a call away...

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Hunh. We will see if its really a torn ACL when its confirmed. Didnt look all that bad to me.

Tears usually don't look bad at first but do hurt like hell. My sister tore hers playing softball, she said that she went down to slide and heard something pop a little and then it all started to hurt really badly. Takes surgery and months of rehab to get back to normal.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
you know, i would actually LOVE to see the pats do awesome this season, just so brady could be replaced like bledsoe was.

nah, i would still rather see them lose.

I'm convinced that if Brady doesn't replace Bledsoe, no 3 championship's for the Pats. You should know, you had Bledsoe in Dallas. The guy has a knack for making critical mistakes at critical times.

Users who are viewing this thread