Brake caliper issue

Fury327

Lurker
Established Member
Hey all looking for some opinions as I've yet to come across a problem like this before.

On my recently acquired 10th Anny Cobra, I've been going over the car top to bottom, and one of the first things I found was that none of the wheels were balanced (Not sure if this could have led to the problem I'm having) so I got that taken care of.

On a recent road trip on my way back home I noticed some metallic popping and creaking from the front end and occasionally the rear end. My initial thoughts were suspension so when I got her back home I had my mustang mechanic take a look and he found suspension was fine but the brake calipers were shifting around. Also found the rear calipers had no clips installed at all.

Ordered 4 caliper kits and had them installed. Now the noises while going forward are almost 100% gone, I may hear a creak every now and again but whats happening all the time is when the car is in reverse, given a tap of gas to get her moving just a tad and then tap the brakes just a tad the entire caliper on the front right side shifts backwards and hits, verified with my own eyes while the shop owner brought me in to show me. These are the noises I'm hearing while driving and I'm wondering since the calipers were not set up correctly are they permanently damaged?

I don't want to imagine trying to replace 10th Anny calipers.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
It would probably help to post some pics of how they're currently set up. The calipers are held in by the pads themselves, which in turn are secured by a pin. If the caliper is shifting around, I'd check for damage on the pad ends were they meet the bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread