Brake/Clutch Fluid Change

Angry50

Established Member
I have been lurking for a while but i wanted to share/compare my experience with others. I have a 2012 5.0 M6 and have had mild issues with the 1-2 shift feeling crunchy and unsatisfying. i have done the normal Redline MTL in the transmission, Steeda shifter bushing and SR shifter(so so shifter). each change seem to improve a slight bit but i read online about some people swapping the clutch/brake fluid and making a difference as they are shared. my car has 18k miles on it and the fluid was a dingy brown sweet tea color. i swapped it with Prestone synthetic DOT4. I am not sure if its a placebo affect but it seems to be better smooth and satisfying to drive. anyone else experience this?

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I swapped to dot 4 as well and was surprised at how bad the stock brake fluid looked. very dark which tells me it had absorbed a bunch of agua.

Angry50

Established Member
I swapped to dot 4 as well and was surprised at how bad the stock brake fluid looked. very dark which tells me it had absorbed a bunch of agua.

Did it seem to improve your shifting? im trying to decide if its my mind playing tricks on me or if it actually helped.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Did it seem to improve your shifting? im trying to decide if its my mind playing tricks on me or if it actually helped.

don't think so but it gave me peace of mind getting rid of that nasty stock shit. stock diff fluid looked like shit too.

alex12gt

Established Member
I did the brake fluid swap with an mgw and pulled the assist spring and had no issues......now I've added a as clutch line along with a mach 600 clutch and lightened billet flywheel and its like butter

D.T.R

Established Member
Will definitely be doing this soon, along with the JPC clutch line.

Users who are viewing this thread