Brake cooling ducts for '13 Boss?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Anyone know if these are out yet and if soa good place to get them? Thanks!

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Wow.. that is steep!!
I saw a kit for $215 that claimed it will fit 11-13... I am looking for a kit that will include the proper replacement opening in the front. Not something I will have to modify to fit. I have a huntch a generic kit might require modifying to fit.

86Fbody

Established Member
Not sure if there is a huge difference in the faux fog light construction on the '13s but you could always get a set of ducts from Kenny Brown and then just cut the faux fog holes out and run pipe up to them. That is what I did with my '12 instead of the getting the FRPP kit that looks like it comes with NACA ducts to replace the fogs.

sprint200

Established Member
There is a big difference in the fog light inserts and the brake duct inserts. The duct inserts have a steel inlet tube bolted to the visible plastic fascia piece to which the high-temp duct attaches.

When I put them on the LS I was very happy with the fit and ease of installation. It appears that they heard all the b*****in' and moanin' from the 2012 guys and came up with a nice package for the 13's. The only modification I made outside of the parts supplied was to remove one piece of plastictrim in the driver's side wheel well to allow the duct to be zip-tied to the sway bar. No cutting, no cussing.

Just buying brake spindle duct plates and 4" high-temp hose for my race car was around $250 and I fabricated the inlet pieces myself for the GT500 fog light openings. The 2013's wouldn't be that easy.

bpmurr

Established Member
There is a big difference in the fog light inserts and the brake duct inserts. The duct inserts have a steel inlet tube bolted to the visible plastic fascia piece to which the high-temp duct attaches.

When I put them on the LS I was very happy with the fit and ease of installation. It appears that they heard all the b*****in' and moanin' from the 2012 guys and came up with a nice package for the 13's. The only modification I made outside of the parts supplied was to remove one piece of plastictrim in the driver's side wheel well to allow the duct to be zip-tied to the sway bar. No cutting, no cussing.

Just buying brake spindle duct plates and 4" high-temp hose for my race car was around $250 and I fabricated the inlet pieces myself for the GT500 fog light openings. The 2013's wouldn't be that easy.

How did you get the washer fluid bottle in with out crushing the hose some? Right now I'm running without the bottle.

86Fbody

Established Member
How did you get the washer fluid bottle in with out crushing the hose some? Right now I'm running without the bottle.

You can try putting thick spacers between the frame and the bottle, one guy did that and it worked. On my '12 after shaving the little fins on the inside of the lip I didn't really need to fiddle with anything else and the hose is for all intents and purpose straight.

sprint200

Established Member

Washer fluid bottle?

What washer fluid bottle? :??:

Your car came with a washer fluid bottle.....? :poke:

;-)

fastduo

Palm Beach Mustang Club
Established Member
Can you post pictures of said '13 Boss (non-LS) install please.
Thank you
Rene'

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread