brake duct ?'s

JasonHogan

Established Member
I think is is 3in, but I am still working on that. I want to pipe air from there to the inner fender, but I think the hose is going to be to big to fit in there.

coleman

Established Member
I'm looking for a complete kit for an '03/04 cobra... including the mounting hardware to properly seat to the brake assembly.

SHM has one, but it's 250.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Keep an eye out on Ebay. I got a complete set for $26 shipped. 2 black hoses, 8 zip ties, and 2 worm clamps. Went on pretty easy, I just need to take the brake dust shields off now.

03DSG

thanks everyone!

Jasonhogan: Have you tried this....because thats what I am thinking about doing. I have not got up in there to look. I remember putting my JLT cai in my mach 1 and there looked like plenty of room...I am thinking about running tubes from both right and left brake cooling holes...having the drivers side tube connect to the passenger side and then one tube up to the fender well opening and pointing straight down on my filter.

Jerryk

Halfshaft abuser
Established Member
Have you ever driven a vehicle with direct air blowing on the filter? Your going to have to clean it every 2000 miles or so and the bug guts all over the filter are a mess. Any gain you think your getting will be surpassed by the frequency of cleaning the filter and the unnessary pulse rate increases whenever you see rain out... not worth it IMO. Not that I know anything about this topic or would ever do something this stupid <cough> <cough> ;)

04Chris

Chicane straightner
Established Member
you guys might want to take a look at need-4-speed. i live in st.pete,fl and the owner tony is a member of the same svtoa chapter as i am. tony is a great guy. thats where i had the work on my car done. a member from the club got together with a fabricator friend of his and made some dust plates for a 3'' brake duct kit. our member that had the plates made only had 5 sets and i bought a set. i haven't put them on the car because i am getting rid of the car through the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act(whole other long story). one of the other sets were installed on our directors car (gene is also the southeast regional director) at need-4-speed and it worked great at the sebring sensation. but since then tony has improved the setup and will be making a full kit with all the neccessary hardware. the biggest change was to the dust plate. the first one was good but the plate part did not cover as much area as the factory dust plate. the new kit will cover the same area as the factory dust plate but will have the 3'' flange made into it for the cooling ducts. if i remember right, the ducts attatch to the inlets next to the fog lamps and route back over the sway bar and turn to attatch to the dust plate. i think the ducts are 3'' tubing cut to about 40'' each side, and are made of high temp goodyear rubber products ducting. so far gene has not had any tire rub even at full lock in either direction. so check out Need-4-Speed.com. i don't know if tony has the kit ready yet but you can call him and he can tell you when it should be ready soon. i hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread