Brake dust ?

Gstick

Established Member
If this question seems stupid, I apoligize. I am in the market for a 2013 GT, (which will never be raced) Will the Brembo brakes (included in the Track Package) cause more damaging (corrosive) brake dust (because of larger size) compared to standard OEM Ford brakes ? If I were to upgrade to high dollar forged wheels, I wouldn't want excessive brake dust killing the finish. Since I have NO plans on doing a Track Day, I am wondering if its worth my cash to get the Track Package. I do like the idea of a stronger rear end, (I want 3.73 rears) and a larger radiator + oil cooler. All opinions welcome !

Last edited:

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
I've never had good pads eat up the finish on my rims and I've used a few different brands. But if your not racing at all as stated above the ceramics are good pads and less messy.

I love my brembo brakes and highly recommend them.

mfc133

Established Member
I have a '13 track pack and the OEM pads dust like crazy. But this is an issue with the pad material, it's not really caused by the size of the brakes. When they wear out I will replace them with something that dusts less. Even with the dust I wouldn't trade the Brembo brakes/wheels for anything.

It's hard to decipher Ford's explanation of the track package to know what it includes over the BBP, but they make it sound like it uses different pad material than the Brembo package.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I have a '13 track pack and the OEM pads dust like crazy. But this is an issue with the pad material, it's not really caused by the size of the brakes. When they wear out I will replace them with something that dusts less. Even with the dust I wouldn't trade the Brembo brakes/wheels for anything.

It's hard to decipher Ford's explanation of the track package to know what it includes over the BBP, but they make it sound like it uses different pad material than the Brembo package.
Same brakes and wheels, with the addition of the 3.73 Torsen diff, Boss oil cooler, and 5W50 oil.

mfc133

Established Member
Same brakes and wheels, with the addition of the 3.73 Torsen diff, Boss oil cooler, and 5W50 oil.

Yeah I got that much, I was talking about this. Is it supposed to mean that TP has different pads than BBP?

trackpack.jpg

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yeah I got that much, I was talking about this. Is it supposed to mean that TP has different pads than BBP?

trackpack.jpg
WTF? I've never seen that listed before. lol

I'm curious to this as well.

Wonder what they mean by "unique corner modules"

mfc133

Established Member
WTF? I've never seen that listed before. lol

I'm curious to this as well.

Wonder what they mean by "unique corner modules"

I think corner modules is Ford-speak for calipers, the description on their site could use some improvement for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread