Brake Issue

ColdSteel

DSG FTW
Established Member
I've had my front suspension apart for several days now installing new parts. The front brake calipers have been pulled off the car to be stripped and repainted. After reinstalling them today while attempting to bleed them I've hit a huge problem, the brake pedal has no pressure in it. I've got the bleeder screws open right now and the master cylinder cap open attempting to gravity bleed the system. I'm hoping there is just air in the brake booster, but I would greatly appreciate input or solutions.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
When you reinstalled them, are the bleeding nozzles at the top or bottom of the caliper?

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Nice job man, I wouldn't have guessed that honestly. Glad you figured it out! :beer: Btw, where is out proportioning valve, never looked myself.

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
shit, i definitely would have guessed the proportioning valve right off the bat. I had the same issue when I had a leaking brake line replaced and the guy bled the brakes but i still had almost no pressure in the system. my drive from Rhode Island to Florida was delayed several hours until I found the answer on here. This was on my '96 Mystic Cobra. My '95 Cobra brakes bleed just like any other system out there.

SVTCobra306

Established Member
I was going to say bleed the Master Cylinder.. and yes it does matter where the bleed screws are on the PBR calipers.. if they're at the bottom you will never get all the air out.. air goes up.

Users who are viewing this thread