Brake LED lights!!

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
okay i got really dark tint on my gt tail lights right now ... you can barely see the lights at day time so i want to replace the bulbs with some LED once but i have no clue where to get them from or which once would be brighter than the other once.

this is a pic. of my car to get an idea:

img1964q.jpg

img1966gd-1.jpg

i was following an old thread on here and this guy mentioned something about 96LED's and how they were good and he left this link:

Exterior LED - Brake Light LED

How ever they seem not to carry those 96LED's anymore or i didn't find them on the site .. i also heard the once that lethal sells are not bright enough to get you out of a ticket :nono:

any inputs and pics would be great guys .. thank you :)

p.s this is the thread i was following and he mentioned the 96LED's on page 3 and 4:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...difications-212/597086-led-tail-lights-4.html

Last edited:

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Led bulbs actually will not be brighter, and are quite expensive and of poor craftsmenship. May want to buy a small pack and see how they look before buying all six. This is just from what I have seen. I have the 36 led reverse light led bulbs that look cool, but are have poor illumination over the standard bulb.

Last edited:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
Sub'n to this. Iv been curious about good break light leds and still havnt gotten a decent answer/been to lazy to search. I had the lethalPerformance kit and it was horribly dim. gl to ya!!

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
i just ordered some v-led last night, keep your eye on the thread, as i ll compare them to stock with pics soon :)

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Got them from superbrightleds.com. the reverse lights are fine but definatelybrecommend sticking with standard bulbs for brake light. The led will not illuminate the full tail light housing. You will see every led on the bulb and that is it, so you literally see three small circles rather than a lit housing. The only way leds look good is if they uniformly fill up the housing like the m3 or some audis IMO.

Last edited:

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
If anyones curious, here are my comparison pics between stock brake lights and Lethals LEDs.

Reverse lights late daytime- (Left stock - right led)
img0292vi.jpg

Led plate/reverse. Brake light stock on driver side - LED on passenger.

img0293yh.jpg

img0296ba.jpg

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
If anyones curious, here are my comparison pics between stock brake lights and Lethals LEDs.

Reverse lights late daytime- (Left stock - right led)
img0292vi.jpg

Led plate/reverse. Brake light stock on driver side - LED on passenger.

img0293yh.jpg

img0296ba.jpg

I've tried the "Lethal" LEDs which are actually made by Recon. Terrible performance, and the difference between lights on/brakes on is very hard to notice.

SNAKE_FL

Established Member
man those OEM lights are brighter than the other once ... i guess i ll know in a few days when i get my LED in the mail

Users who are viewing this thread