Brake Lines...

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
O.k. guys, I'm about to upgrade my brakes to Baer Decelarotors. While I'm doing it, I'd like to install my Line Lock Kit, and some SS brake lines. Whats the best brand SS lines to go with ?? Bonoco ? Russell ? Any other suggestions ?? Wheres the best place to get them ?? I did a search but all I could find was posts about Lightning Brake and Performance, and theres the nightmare post about them, so I dont wanna risk my $$ with them. Thanks guys...

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
Yeah I was thinkin of the russell's but Bonoco makes a full 5piece kit to replace everything just not sure of their quality. Not really wanting or looking to make my own hard lines...

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I use Russell.

Hard lines aren't that bad to make once you get the hang of it. Thats the hardest part!

I can't tell you how many lines I threw in the trash before I got the hang of it.
BangHead.gif

Blown5pnt4

Established Member
yeah, it looks pretty sweet. I just gotta get around to installing it. I figured while Im bleeding brakes it would be the best time to upgrade to the SS lines. If I got the russell kit, it comes with what the 2 front, and theres another kit for the rear or Im on my own ?? I want the easiest to install and get it over with kit lol.

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I had a little "fun" with the installation of my Russell Kit from Summit. Looks like Russell manufactured a Rear Line with a "T" Block that wasn't drilled through all the way. The customer support people at Russell were kind of assholes about it at first, but finally replaced the line without me having to take the entire kit off and mail it back to them first.

FordFanStan

Established Member
A little birdy told me there is a superior kit coming out real soon, much nicer than anything that has been in production to date. More details to follow... Stan

Users who are viewing this thread