Brake Pads

racebronco2

Established Member
Has anyone used Carbotechs in their Brembos? I have ran them before with good results in other cars.

I am running the stock Galphers in the Cobra R calipers, and have not gotten them to fade yet at the track, but top speed at the track is just over 100 MPH. I drive the car only occasionally and do about 6 track events per year.

I woudn't mind going with something a bit more agressive. Any suggestions? Should I stay with Galphers? Hawks are kind of noisy and messy, but if that is the best choice I will go for those I guess.

The hp+ work better then the galphers (they were crumbling around the edges meaning they were getting too hot). I am on my second set of hp+'s. This current set sure is noisy at times. I had them on in vegas and sometimes had to use the e-brake when coming to a stop cause people on the street would turn around to see where the noise was coming from.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Has anyone used Carbotechs in their Brembos? I have ran them before with good results in other cars.

I am running the stock Galphers in the Cobra R calipers, and have not gotten them to fade yet at the track, but top speed at the track is just over 100 MPH. I drive the car only occasionally and do about 6 track events per year.

I woudn't mind going with something a bit more agressive. Any suggestions? Should I stay with Galphers? Hawks are kind of noisy and messy, but if that is the best choice I will go for those I guess.

YES! I like them!

I use either XP10s or XP12s(both have a little more than 1/2 pad left) up front with a dedicated set of plain Brembo track only rotors(I did bed and heat cycle things on the street though). They are not going to work right on a rotor shared with metallic street pad though unless turned.:nonono::dw::bash:

I use the XP8s on the back, that rotor doesn't do as much work so I cut corners and it shares street and track duty.(the rear pad gets changed though of course)

This is my track ONLY set up and they work great and at least 4 people at MSR last time asked what pads I was running because there was hardly any dust and they knew I had been hard after it all weekend chasing some folks. :-D

They seem to be lasting nicely. I'm pleased since I was trying to find a pad that would be aggressive yet economical to use. They are also quite easy on the rotors.

You will NOT want to try to drive very far on the street with these though. Maybe just go and get gas. They are unbelievably noisy on the street and they DO NOT STOP WELL COLD!!!

But at the track they do last, they are easy on the rotors and I think they stop great! .

When they are gone though I am dying to try a set of Performance Friction PF01s.
I've heard they will practically detach your retinas! No involved bed in either.
The PF01s are a carbon metallic like the Galfers(my street pads) and many other pads so I will be able to use my street rotors with them too if I want.

I found a great price on them at http://www.raceshopper.com/performance_friction_brake_pads.shtml
Several friends of mine are running these and they LOVE THEM!

CONFUSED YET??? LOL!
There are a good number of excellent pad makers out there.
Hawks, Carbotech, EBC, Performance Friction, ETC...

So far I have only tried the stock pads and the Carbotechs. I got away with stock stuff for quite a while since I had cooling hoses on since day 1, and I wasn't very fast when I was green.

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread