Brake pads??

Davenj

Established Member
I don't care for the amount of dust or the squeal I get from the stock pads. I don't do much hard braking (racing). Any suggestions on pads.
Thanks,
Dave

20SVT03

Wishin for that KB!
Established Member
ive been wandering the same thing. ive got to wipe the wheels off atleast once a week. does Brembo make pads? im planning on getting front and rear brembo drilled and slotted rotors when it comes time to replace the pads.

MARO-KEEN

Established Member
Does hawk already have pads for the 03 cobra, i need pads for the front bad, making alot of noise.

Tambini

Established Member
raybesto makes ceramic pads for the 03. not sure on how good they are but you wont have to worry about dust anymore.

Tambini

Established Member
no prob

dave ~~ you ever cruise 37?? i go down a lot with my friends, about 6 cobras between us, and a handful of lightnings. pm me if your ever goin down, maybe we can meet up.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Originally posted by Tambini
raybesto makes ceramic pads for the 03. not sure on how good they are but you wont have to worry about dust anymore.

Remember I checked on that raybestoes does make pads but its not the ceramics like I thought for the rear, darn. I have used there pads on the rest of my cars with great success on dust reduction.

Tambini

Established Member
cobra - i erased your last pm by accident and i couldnt remember your name. my friend says he has ceramic raybesto's for the 03 so i'm gonna go look at them tonight. i'm sure your right tho.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Tambini

Why do you think you don't have to worry about dust for? I have SBS pads which are ceramic and they are as dirty or worse then the stock pads. I don't know about raybesto, but just because they are ceramic doesn't mean they will be cleaner. btw, don't buy SBS pads.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Well It might be make up of the pad, As far as performance I dont think the raybestos is up there by any means just by the way they feel in some of my HP cars. But I have to say this the dust from this pad was way better than anyother ones I tried. I tried some of the other brands such as Napa and wasnt impressed with there ceramic and dusting claims at all.

Users who are viewing this thread