Brake Question

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
I have skinnies up front, and I am currently running aspacer(to clear the brakes). I would like to run the skinnies without needing a spacer. Just wondering if the only way to make this work is to remove the cobra brakes. If so how much do they normally go for? I currently have pro stars, and do not want to buy another set of wheels.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Austin, sorry, I can't answer your question. But it's kinda ironic that I had to put on spacers because I mounted larger calipers for the track.

I can see my calipers and your skinnies. Just touch the brakes and the front end slides for 1/2 mile. :lol1:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Austin, I posted on your other thread in the suspension forum. I still have my entire GT front brake setup. The rotors are only around 11" in diameter and I think the calipers are a tad smaller. If they will fit with your skinnies, I'll sell em to you very cheap, I just want them gone.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
How's 50 bucks sound? I'd rather not ship it if possible, think that can be arranged.

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
I'll be making the trip up from Richmond to Delaware tomorrow evening. If you want me to grab the brake setup and bring them up north I can arrange that. Not sure how far off I-95 Dale is, can't be too bad.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'll be making the trip up from Richmond to Delaware tomorrow evening. If you want me to grab the brake setup and bring them up north I can arrange that. Not sure how far off I-95 Dale is, can't be too bad.

Yeah, I'm in so.md. so if you were coming up 301, you'd be going right by my house, but 95 is on the other side of the potomac from me, so its at least 45 minutes away.

Austin, how soon do you need the brakes, if they work?

Users who are viewing this thread